UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

Phil G4SPZ 27th Jun 2015 9:15 pm

Re: The Thanks Thread

Thank you to Andy (ajs37) for the meter, as well as for the warm welcome and the cuppa when we called in to collect it. It was a pleasure to meet you and Theresa, and to see the radio collection. Hope the move goes smoothly.

mickash 4th Jul 2015 1:28 am

Thanks to Jeremy (Pamphonica) for sending me the Hacker handle cover trim.

Cheers, Michael.

Ambientnoise 5th Jul 2015 5:03 pm

Many thanks to Andy ajs37 for the nice Sony VCR and tapes. It will all be very useful.

Ken

Phil G4SPZ 7th Jul 2015 11:49 pm

Thank you Chris (Herald1360) for the Vidor CN420 lid switch and for sending it post free! Above and beyond the call of duty, and much appreciated. ;)

paulsherwin 8th Jul 2015 12:31 am

Thanks to Paul Stenning for some useful memory sticks and Windows CDs.

Nymrod121 10th Jul 2015 10:01 pm

Many thanks to Colin (ukcol) for the Sony CCD camera training manual.
So much to learn, so little time - ! :)
Best wishes
Guy

terrybull 11th Jul 2015 5:11 am

Thanks to Dickie for the Radio Designers Handbook. My previous copy was falling to pieces and moth eaten. This is much better. I don't have to guess at the missing bits.

petervk2mlg 13th Jul 2015 12:21 pm

I'd like to extend a very warm thank you to Phil G4SPZ for his kindness in sending me 2 X good ECC85 valves, enabling me to complete the repairs to my Ferguson 383A radio.
Phil donated these valves to me and also footed the bill for the postage from UK to Australia. Phil's generosity and helpfulness is an example to us all.

Peter

G4XWDJim 17th Jul 2015 10:40 am

Many and grateful thanks to Richard, mole42uk who very kindly gave me a new sleeve for my Weller soldering iron entirely free of any charges.

Jim

Restoration73 17th Jul 2015 6:02 pm

Many thanks to Graham (Llama) for the loan of the Cotron manuals.

Tony

Ti Pwun 19th Jul 2015 5:13 pm

Big thanks to Tony (Restoration73) for the capacitors.

Ambientnoise 20th Jul 2015 7:21 pm

My thanks to Richard (Dickie) for the loan of a Win 7 pro Dell disk.

Ken

Valve'n'vinyl 24th Jul 2015 3:27 pm

Thanks to Phil G4SPZ for the Roberts knob he sent me for gratis . Very Kind indeed ,much appreciated and will make the set useable again !. :) All the best for the future Phil !

Oldcodger 25th Jul 2015 12:47 am

Thanks to G8KBG Tony for picking up a request on old Jackson cooker temperature settings, after the post "disappeared". Thanks to Tony I now have another decent selection of recipes for SWMBO to try out, and better still, a SWMBO that realises that us old folks, with our ancient bits of kit, have a place in the world.

Mikey66 27th Jul 2015 1:05 pm

Thanks to Studio263 for the pattern generator. It arrived safely today.

amrackstraw 29th Jul 2015 3:15 pm

Many thanks to happytiger for doing such an excellent job repairing my Hacker Super Sovereign Radio. It is working beautifully. Superb restoration job.

amrackstraw

Ti Pwun 30th Jul 2015 5:36 pm

Many thanks to Andy (Dr Wobble) for the circuit boards - just the job.

deliverance 30th Jul 2015 5:56 pm

A big thanks to Sean Williams for sorting me a mains transformer for my ar88 ...

Reelman 30th Jul 2015 5:58 pm

Many thanks to Andy (Dr Wobble) for the Uher PSU and mikes etc. Will be very useful.
Peter

rockinmark 3rd Aug 2015 4:28 pm

Hopefully of use to someone

Sorry I didn't no how to add this I was given a Garrard turntable from a post on here and it raised a lot of posts about posting the item
I would first like to say thank you to donstuff the turntable was well rapped up I used myhermes and the parcel arrived in very good condition
The post was closed on 29 July so I couldn't add it but wanted to let everyone know that posting is not always a bad thing

Mark