UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Vintage Radio (domestic) (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   McMichael 381 Valve Radio project (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=171970)

ms660 26th Oct 2020 8:14 pm

Re: McMichael 381 Valve Radio project

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lef de art (Post 1303902)
So it is better to leave it disconnected ?

My apologies, I made an error in my previous post when I said to connect it to that lower tag on the pot in your last photo, if you were to connect it to there it would upset the AGC delay voltage so I would leave it disconnected and concentrate why there is poor reception when using the push buttons, the poor reception won't be anything to do with that wire being disconnected.

Lawrence.

Lef de art 26th Oct 2020 9:30 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms660 (Post 1303917)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lef de art (Post 1303902)
So it is better to leave it disconnected ?

My apologies, I made an error in my previous post when I said to connect it to that lower tag on the pot in your last photo, if you were to connect it to there it would upset the AGC delay voltage so I would leave it disconnected and concentrate why there is poor reception when using the push buttons, the poor reception won't be anything to do with that wire being disconnected.
Lawrence.

Thanks Lawrence.
I disconnected it. I think you are correct with guessing.
I believe to, the potentiometer it is replaced. It is shorter from the rest switches. Even the bakelite button stays difficult in his position (because the switch is shorter and the button screw can't fix the button correctly) ..

I don't know what else to check...for the presset buttons .
Maybe i will leave it as it is.

Lef de art 27th Oct 2020 12:39 am

1 Attachment(s)
I have fix the preset buttons !!!!!

A million thanks to you Lawrence because you was the inspiration to fix it.

You mention that the potentiometer is replaced...

After that I thought that maybe the one who had opened it before me had confused the cables in the presset system.
So I put them upside down and immediately the preset buttons worked normally! Whenever again a big Thanks to Lawrence because from his own observation came the solution ...

ms660 27th Oct 2020 10:52 am

No problem.

Lawrence.

Lef de art 27th Oct 2020 6:24 pm

2 Attachment(s)
Good evening forum.
The original R15 volume control that appears in the manual was 500K and taped in 5K from earthy end. Can I get the same result with the new 3pin volume control by simply putting 5K resistance on the last leg?

Any idea?

ms660 27th Oct 2020 6:40 pm

No so far as I'm aware.

Lawrence

Lef de art 27th Oct 2020 7:49 pm

There is any way to create the 5K condition for the unplugged cable?

ms660 27th Oct 2020 8:00 pm

Not that I know of, except to find a pot that's similar to the original.

Lawrence.