UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

G6Tanuki 14th Feb 2022 6:31 pm

Re: The Thanks Thread

Thanks to @mole42uk for the Gould 3000 'scope which I picked up yesterday it's working just fine - today I used it to confirm that the Lockfit transistors in a Roberts R707 were well past their best!!

Robsradio 21st Feb 2022 11:49 am

A thank you to Greg Simons for answering my WTB, much appreciated.
Best regards
Rob

DMcMahon 22nd Feb 2022 4:39 pm

Many thanks to Rob (whiskas) for the Thorn R2R microphone.

David

HamishBoxer 24th Feb 2022 11:34 am

Many thanks to Dave757 for the Eddystone manual, a big help.

deliverance 25th Feb 2022 2:38 pm

Thanks to Terrybull (David) for the phones very pleased with them .

vinylspinner 26th Feb 2022 11:48 pm

Many thanks to Chris55000 for the printer and other items, much appreciated.
And Chris, don’t forget to send me that list of linear ic chips that you need, hopefully I can return your generosity.

Nigel

vinylspinner 26th Feb 2022 11:52 pm

Many thanks to GroovyG for patiently holding the Rotel tuner for me. It’s already in use in my workshop.

Thank you.

Nigel

Freya 28th Feb 2022 6:19 pm

Thanks to Uncle Bulgaria for picking up and dropping off my HMV, much appreciated

Ted Kendall 2nd Mar 2022 3:21 pm

Thanks to Nick (Nicam49) for the Goldring arm and Shure cartridge - nicely packed and swiftly sent!

SiriusHardware 3rd Mar 2022 8:30 pm

Many thanks to Dave Cox for helping me resolve a problem with a failed SSD on a Macbook Air.

electronicskip 11th Mar 2022 1:55 pm

Many thanks to steve.seven for the Eddystone i collected this morning.
Nice to see you again!

OldTechFan96 11th Mar 2022 2:47 pm

Thanks to Sinewave for the alignment protractor. It will come in handy!

Chris55000 12th Mar 2022 6:55 pm

Hi!

My thanks to Member "Electrical" Stan once again for the lovely scans of the Philips PM5532 and PM5545 Service Manuals, they're very useful to me as well – you've a Star Sir!

Chris Williams

steve.seven 12th Mar 2022 8:37 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by electronicskip (Post 1455602)
Many thanks to steve.seven for the Eddystone i collected this morning.
Nice to see you again!

Thanks Rishard,

Hope you enjoy owning and using the Eddystone.

Regards,
Steve.

Ted Kendall 13th Mar 2022 10:05 am

JVC 750 video machine

Many thanks to Richard (electronicskip) for keeping this safe until I was able to collect it - and to Andy (bionicmerlin) for parting with it in the first place!

Kevin Hoyland 14th Mar 2022 10:12 am

Morning all i would like to say a big Thank You to Chris or known as Deliverance on the forum. He made us so welcome .
Kind Regards
Kev.

Valvepower 14th Mar 2022 10:38 am

Thanks to Sean (Longespee) for the 220K HS resistors FOC.

I’ll put a couple of quid in a charity pot when I’m next in town doing some crate digging for vinyl!

Regards
Terry

radiograham 15th Mar 2022 4:40 am

Thanks to Longespee for the resistors. Graham.

radiograham 15th Mar 2022 4:44 am

Many thanks to Peters Daughter for the book. Graham.

Nymrod121 17th Mar 2022 5:28 pm

Many thanks to Corin ('OldTechFan96') for sending me a Humax Freeview HDR-1800T - so carefully packed :thumbsup: and in excellent condition (cosmetic and functional).
With best wishes
Guy

Reelman 18th Mar 2022 3:18 pm

Many thanks to Dave (Horris) for the tape recorder manuals. Will be very useful and much appreciated!

Peter

HamishBoxer 18th Mar 2022 6:46 pm

Thank You Whiskas for the tapes that safely arrived today, superbly packed.

Regards,

David

Rileyman 19th Mar 2022 4:18 pm

My thanks to Dave (Horris) for getting me out of an embarrassing situation , by providing a couple of "good" ECC83's !

Laurie .

agardiner 20th Mar 2022 12:01 pm

My thanks to Gary Tempest and Philip Taylor for recommending me to restore a McMurdo Silver chassis. Much appreciated and looking forward to this rare set.

Ted Kendall 24th Mar 2022 11:19 pm

Thanks to Rob (robinshack) for a nicely packed and promptly sent box of thermistors.

terrybull 27th Mar 2022 7:43 am

Sincere thanks to Greg Simons for sending me the book ‘firsts in high fidelity’.

greg_simons 27th Mar 2022 5:06 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrybull (Post 1459021)
Sincere thanks to Greg Simons for sending me the book ‘firsts in high fidelity’.

My pleasure, it's a good read, enjoy!.
Greg.

Lucien Nunes 29th Mar 2022 5:24 pm

Many thanks to Dave (Cre8anet) for the various items for the MEET collection, including some very high power amplifiers, scopes and tape recorders. Even the cute thermochromic mugs we had our tea in ended up coming with me!

woodchips 29th Mar 2022 5:48 pm

My thanks to Mark, medge799, for the Hameg scope, survived being sent.

Chris55000 31st Mar 2022 3:49 pm

Hi!

My grateful thanks to David Taylor G4EBT for the non–working Curve Tracer project built in a lovely little wooden box and a beautifully lettered panel, I shall enjoy looking at this and writing up Part 14, Chapter 182 of my T & M Theory & Repair Book!

(Book on hold because our heating has broke down and my fingers get too cold in our front room in the present very cold weather!)

Chris Williams

Nickthedentist 6th Apr 2022 1:52 pm

Thank you to Nigel (Vinylspinner) for letting me have a BSR autochanger, and taking the trouble to pack and post it too.

Kentode 6th Apr 2022 2:49 pm

Many thanks to Peter, Electronpusher, for the Jupiter 2010 function generator. Now all I need is some spare time to use it!

Cheers Peter. :beer:

Northyorks1 6th Apr 2022 4:56 pm

Would like to give a big thank you to Greg Simons, for the offer of a bush dac90 FOC, received it today safe and sound and very well packed.

Cheers Ian

Chris55000 9th Apr 2022 10:46 pm

Hi!

My grateful thanks to Bill Nichols "WME_Bill" for satisfying my curiosity about the SE Labs SM112 Oscilloscope by allowing me to purchase his, it arrived well packed, in completely satisfactory condition, and once I've run an up–to–date "Autocal" on my PM3394 I'll put the SM112 at work on my project bench!

Chris Williams

Dickie 19th Apr 2022 1:25 pm

Many thanks to peterpixel for sending me exactly the switch I was looking for completely FOC!

peterpixel 19th Apr 2022 4:14 pm

Hi Richard, glad to have been of service. Peter.

greg_simons 21st Apr 2022 3:28 pm

My grateful thanks to chris55000 for spending time to reconstruct a replica power regulator pwb for my 2k project.
Greg.

Ted Kendall 21st Apr 2022 3:36 pm

Many thanks to Peter (dragonser) for the Micronta meter - nicely packed, too!

SiriusHardware 21st Apr 2022 9:31 pm

Grateful thanks to Glyn (Welsh Anorak) for allowing me to be the new custodian of a regulator for my Osaki Explorer 10R 10" portable TV, more commonly seen as the 'Nikkai Baby 10'. The little set should hopefully outlast me, now.

Chris55000 22nd Apr 2022 11:06 am

Hi!

My grateful thanks to Hugh (Member "Stockden" for the original copy of EMER Telecommunications A012 "Electronic Test Methods And Practices" – the excellent CT160 diagram and valve tester theory in this is perfect for my T & M book, the writing of which is still busily on the go!

Chris Williams

HamishBoxer 22nd Apr 2022 2:13 pm

Thank you DazzleVision for the 10" Roadstar colour set.

Regards,

David

Julesomega 23rd Apr 2022 11:59 am

Thanks to Paul for the Valve + Transistor Data CD - I was just ordering it online this morning when the postman popped it through the letterbox :clap:

Lucien Nunes 26th Apr 2022 4:39 pm

And a big thankyou to @Bobsterkent for offering the TV12 and Aurora as it serves to officially launch the MEET TV receiver collection. I have just watched 'Television Comes to London' on it.

Ambientnoise 27th Apr 2022 2:03 pm

My thanks to agardiner (Adrian) for the DAB radio, now in use.

Ken

jamesperrett 30th Apr 2022 1:00 am

Thanks to Diabolical Artificer for the Art Of Electronics. I should have bought a copy years ago although this one will probably go to my son who is keen on all things technical.

DMcMahon 30th Apr 2022 5:23 pm

Many thanks to Kentode (Ken) for the speaker cables that arrived safely today. Will soon put them to good use.

David

Reelman 1st May 2022 11:25 am

Many thanks to red16v for the Akai metal Spool that arrived today, Sunday.

Not a very common item in the heyday of R2Rs but probably one of the most desirable accessories today.

Much appreciated!

Peter

DMcMahon 3rd May 2022 11:02 am

A big thank you to Duncanlowe for the FOC 5" R2R tapes and banana plug quick disconnects, these safely arrived these morning and were very well packaged.

David

vinrads 5th May 2022 9:05 am

Just to say a big thank you to Mark (Pilot Mariner) for sending me a dial for a Roberts radio .foc what a star .:thumbsup: Mick.

ben 10th May 2022 1:28 pm

I've been lucky to have been given nice and useful bits from two generous forum members. Apologies to for the delayed post!

Thanks to Andy (acollins22) for the Amstrad PCW bits.
Also to red16v for the Akai tape spool.