UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

bc312 27th Oct 2021 11:55 am

Re: The Thanks Thread

Many thanks to Frank for the lovely selection of capacitors received today.

Mike

Reelman 27th Oct 2021 1:43 pm

Many thanks to Alan SP15 for the BSR tape recorder bits, already using one of the knobs!
Cheers!
Peter

DMcMahon 27th Oct 2021 7:55 pm

Many thanks to frankmcvey for the four contact file holders that safely arrived yesterday.

As I do not really need all of them I will PM DigitalNoMore (Jerry) to see if he would like two of them (at no charge), as he was the second responder.

David

woodchips 28th Oct 2021 5:39 pm

My thanks to terrybull for the Denon cassette deck.

Squipper 1st Nov 2021 4:52 pm

My thanks to LunarTerry for the Roberts Junior and bag.
A most generous gift. All the best, Paul.

Chris55000 3rd Nov 2021 6:17 pm

Hi!

My thanks to Paul (wd40addict) for the Solartron A100 Original Colour Printed Manual he generously sent – my eyes have got to the state where "Mauritron Specials" are too tiring on what's left of my eyesight (surgery still awaiting!) to read clearly!

Chris Williams

deliverance 5th Nov 2021 9:58 am

A big thanks to frankmcvey for the splitter boxes just the job .

Missile30 5th Nov 2021 5:01 pm

Really need to thank unitelex (Chris) based in Altrincham who has just fully restored, added Bluetooth and completed bodywork on my late father’s old Ferguson 3400. The whole family are amazed how it looks and sounds and I’m extremely happy with how it turned out and the care and consideration Chris has taken. All the way through he kept me up to date on how things were going and gave appropriate suggestions. Really emotional seeing and hearing it working again just like I remember. Would definitely recommend him for any restorations or repairs as he has clearly spent hours and gone above and beyond to get it working brilliantly and looking fantastic.

Thanks again Chris,
Matt

DMcMahon 6th Nov 2021 12:38 am

Many thanks to Downwind27 (Tony) for the 4mm panel mount sockets that arrived yesterday, they will come in useful.

David

unitelex 8th Nov 2021 5:44 pm

A belated thanks to David DMcMahon for kindly sending me the slider cap knob for the TK141.

DMcMahon 8th Nov 2021 8:38 pm

Thank you Chris, you thanked me in Post # 1547.

David

Reelman 8th Nov 2021 8:51 pm

Many thanks to gridrunner (Stu) for lots more Unilab modules, much appreciated. I have accepted them on behalf of our local radio club. These days many come into the hobby with very little practical experience, these modules are ideal to remedy that.

Good to meet you in person as well.

Cheers!

Peter

greg_simons 9th Nov 2021 11:05 am

Many thanks to Freya for firing up my hedgehog, big help at the moment.
Greg.

deliverance 11th Nov 2021 1:47 pm

A big thanks to Frank for the Mullard pocket valve data book for free it's appreciated thanks again Frank Regards Chris.

Vintage Engr 12th Nov 2021 4:36 pm

Thanks to Electronpusher0 (Peter) for all the work involved with sourcing & despatching the later crop of MINIMOD pcb's.

Much appreciated.

David.

The Philpott 12th Nov 2021 10:42 pm

Thanks to: Andy for the xbox360, and Frank for the high quality military spec resistors. Most excellent!
Dave

DMcMahon 15th Nov 2021 12:45 am

Thank you to frankmcvey for the Maplin Precision Gold DMM that safely arrived yesterday.

David

captainpugwash 16th Nov 2021 10:15 pm

Just a thank you to Steve (stevehertz) for the Amstrad receiver. Listening to it now.

Kind regards,

David

Cobaltblue 19th Nov 2021 12:00 pm

A big thankyou to ValvoStef for the box of tubes.

I will be passing most of these on also FOC when I get time but one of the interesting things were the LAMBA boxes which I had not seen before.

Sent Allan a couple of samples to see what he makes of them :thumbsup:

It was a pleasure to meet you Stef

Cheers

Mike T

deliverance 22nd Nov 2021 2:12 pm

A big thanks to Frank McVey for the Boombox which arrived this morning thanks again Frank cheers Chris.

Mikey66 22nd Nov 2021 3:34 pm

Thank you to Martin (martiR2R) for the quadraphonic Toshiba receiver.

cathoderay57 22nd Nov 2021 5:04 pm

Thanks to Barnjet for the gift of the Armstrong Jubilee Mk 2, and to Boulevardier for the loan of an FM sig gen to fix it! Cheers, Jerry

Kentode 24th Nov 2021 2:27 pm

Many thanks to Dave (Horris) for the replacement transformer for my Lady Anne radio.

Cheers Dave. :beer:

HamishBoxer 24th Nov 2021 7:40 pm

Many thanks to Ken (Kentode) for carefully packed manual that arrived today.

Regards,

David.

Kentode 25th Nov 2021 3:15 pm

Many thanks to Tony (Restoration 73) for a NOS Radiospares thermistor, complete with the original packaging! :thumbsup:

DMcMahon 25th Nov 2021 9:08 pm

A big thank you to Martin (martinhog) for the 2 x Teleton F2000 AM/FM Receivers plus extra LES bulbs that arrived safely yesterday, very well packed.

Looking forward to trying them out and trying to fix the low volume issue on one of them.

David

deliverance 26th Nov 2021 2:18 pm

Thanks to Glyn (Welsh Anorak) for the tubing to mend the decks on my 555 .

DMcMahon 29th Nov 2021 11:18 am

Many thanks to Frank (frankmcvey) for the Clare V154 PAT tester that safely (very well packed) arrived yesterday, looking forward to trying that out and learning more about Portable Appliance Testing.

David

Ted Kendall 30th Nov 2021 12:22 am

Many thanks to Chris (Herald 13/60) for the Shure M95 cartridge body - now I can use the stylus I've had hanging around for ages!

G.Castle 18th Dec 2021 8:29 pm

Grateful thanks to Peter, Kalee20, for supplies of transformer laminations, and information on home bobbin construction. One more project can progress.

Greg

radiograham 19th Dec 2021 1:42 am

Many thanks to ADrianH for the Rainbow radio and matsui tv. radiograham.

Paul Stenning 21st Dec 2021 7:31 pm

Thank you to Ambientnoise (Ken) for the Sony VHS VCR and for arranging collection with non forum member at RWB to pass onto me. I have received it today.

Reelman 21st Dec 2021 11:29 pm

A special thanks to mark-in-manc and Chris, Herald1360.

To get NOS 8.25” tapes is a rare treat!

To finally have a Pixytone of my own is great!

Many thanks Mark and Chris for your generosity, much appreciated!

Peter

Steve_Bell 12th Jan 2022 11:14 am

Many thanks to Diabolical Artificer for the resistors. Much appreciated.
Steve.

gridrunner 12th Jan 2022 2:33 pm

Thanks to Keith (KeithsTV)

A big thanks to Keith for making the Sony Profeel available to pick up. It looks the business, worthy of being on the set of the Max Headroom show!

Stu

AC/HL 13th Jan 2022 6:06 pm

Thanks to Ken (Kentode) for the magazines and books recently offered. Happy reading ahead!

Kentode 15th Jan 2022 4:41 pm

Many thanks to Jerry (Jez_ 145) for the digital oscilloscope that I picked up from him this afternoon.

It's nice to have met you and l hope that I'll see you again soon as SWMBO has decided we'd enjoy a weekend in Southport in the spring!

Cheers Jerry! :beer:

Trevor 17th Jan 2022 11:53 am

Thanks to Vynalspinner The transistors have just arrived
all 100 of them
Again its very good of you
Trev

Kevin Hoyland 19th Jan 2022 8:46 am

Hello
A big Thank You to Kentode for the Scope and making me wellcom .

Regards
Kevin.

Cobaltblue 19th Jan 2022 8:52 am

A double thank you to Vinylspinner for the transistors and the Meters.

I will now have enough analogue meters to deal with multiple students (Grandchildren) I think its better to learn with analogue meters the constant numbers changing on a digital can be a distraction.

Those Jelly beans are absolutely ideal for small projects :thumbsup:

Thanks Nigel

Cheers

Mike T

electronicskip 20th Jan 2022 7:43 pm

Many thanks to stevehertz for the 1930s radio service data, really pleased with it all, thank you!

Reelman 22nd Jan 2022 10:42 pm

Many thanks to Nigel (Vinylspinner) for the transistors.
Much appreciated!
Peter

Joe_Lorenz 25th Jan 2022 10:01 pm

Many thanks Richard mole42uk for your generosity! That Unitest Polaris will be of good use as we are just renovating an old house!
Thank you very much!
Joe

TowerRadio 1st Feb 2022 1:34 am

Thanks to Alastair D for his masterly document on the Hunts CRB3. Most useful Les.

thermionic 2nd Feb 2022 7:56 am

Grateful thanks to Welsh Anorak for making some TV droppers available.

Most helpful, Cheers Glyn.

SimonT.

Reelman 2nd Feb 2022 9:15 pm

Grateful thanks to Glyn (Welsh Anorak) as well from me for the box of goodies he sent. With 30 seconds of opening the box I was using the Grundig microphone sent with a tape recorder that was just beside me.

Peter

LukeG83 2nd Feb 2022 9:59 pm

A very special thanks to Uncle Bulgaria and Stockden for helping me so much with the transportation of a Akai reel to reel tape deck and tapes from Bristol to my door in Garstang Lancashire.

Great to meet Uncle Bulgaria who helped with a large part of the trip. Hugh - what a superstar! I only hope I can repay your help at some stage in the future.

Finally Ajs37 for giving me time to arrange collection of this machine. It’s gone to a good home .

This forum really proves itself as a fantastic place for meeting kind helpful enthusiasts. Thanks you

DMcMahon 5th Feb 2022 12:43 am

A big thank you to Andrew (Mach One) for the FOC Philips EL 3541 R2R which I collected today, looks in pretty good condition, looking forward to checking it out a little later on.

David

Whaam68 7th Feb 2022 2:30 pm

Thanks to Dave ("nutteronthebus") for the spare quad 33 switch board.
Much appreciated
Mike

Reelman 10th Feb 2022 10:42 pm

Many thanks to terry123 for the tiny tape spool, perfect for my little “Standard” recorder.
Cheers mate!
Peter