UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

DMcMahon 29th Jun 2022 8:59 pm

Re: The Thanks Thread

A big thank you to David (David G4EBT) for the solder gun that safely arrived today, will put it to good use soon.

David

deliverance 1st Jul 2022 2:00 pm

Thanks to julesomega (Julian) for the cable Good stuff.

paulsherwin 1st Jul 2022 2:19 pm

Thanks to Norman Raeburn for the op-amp assortment. Lots to play with there.

Reelman 1st Jul 2022 4:38 pm

Many thanks to Junk Box Nick for the FireWire card, never used this technology before but have an iPod with the required cable.

Also to Meerkat for the Uher PSU, this will save the cost of buying U2s, sorry, “D” cells so well worth fixing.

Thanks once again gentlemen.

Peter

Miguel Lopez 1st Jul 2022 8:48 pm

A huge THANKS!!!!!!!! to my friend Andy (aka Diabolical Artificer) for kindly sending me several relays, as well as solder and flux (aspirine in this case)

Reelman 5th Jul 2022 8:32 pm

A big thank-you to Peter, pmmunro for the Ferrograph spares. Already got a use for a pinch roller on my Super 7.

Cheers!

Peter

peter_scott 5th Jul 2022 9:19 pm

A big thanks to Welsh Anorak and to SiriusHarware for identifying the EEPROM fault in my cheap modern television. https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...=191930&page=2

Much appreciated,

Peter

agardiner 6th Jul 2022 11:14 am

Many thanks to Radiomobile for supplying a vintage car audio plug.

John10b 8th Jul 2022 4:55 pm

Many thanks to Jon (JonSnell) for sending me output transformer foc, thank you Jon.
John

Sinewave 9th Jul 2022 12:52 pm

Thanks to Duncanlowe for the plugs! Some nice classics there for the collection.

Radio Wrangler 12th Jul 2022 8:51 am

Thanks to Ed Dinning for the SMT resistor folders.

and to Norman Raeburn for the mercury switches.

David

Reelman 13th Jul 2022 7:05 pm

A big thank-you to G6ONEDave for the catalogues and G8vsjDave for the components. Both arrived today. I think Dave/David must be the most popular name for our members!

When I was having to phone people to make appointments for Covid testing I would try and guess the age just from the names for a little amusement.

Much appreciated Gentlemen!

Peter

The Philpott 14th Jul 2022 8:41 am

...It seems that way...

Thanks from me also to G8vsjDave, for caps and some useful resistor values.

Dave

Reelman 14th Jul 2022 3:46 pm

Many thanks to David, Captainpugwash, for the tape spool boxes. Already been used.

Cheers,

Peter

wireman 14th Jul 2022 7:14 pm

Thanks to G6ONEDave for distributing a collection of documents and in particular the Farnell catalogues sent to me.

electronicskip 17th Jul 2022 3:03 am

Big thanks to duncanlowe for the radio scanner.
Will be put to good use.

Craig Sawyers 17th Jul 2022 11:38 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by wireman (Post 1484910)
Thanks to G6ONEDave for distributing a collection of documents and in particular the Farnell catalogues sent to me.

Seconded for the collection of Tektronix catalogues, free for the exceptionally reasonable cost of postage. Awesome!

sexton_mallard 17th Jul 2022 9:37 pm

Big thanks to John (unixmanuk) for the Ferguson 3660 (Thorn 1400) TV he had for sale. I am now the present custodian of this charming set.

Restoration73 20th Jul 2022 12:58 pm

Sincere thanks to David (qualityten) for the Garrard deck and packing it so well !

The Philpott 20th Jul 2022 4:10 pm

Thanks to Jon (Ti Pwun) for 3D printing some Avometer feet for me.

Dave