UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

Al (astral highway) 15th Feb 2020 1:55 pm

Thanks for Paul

Thanks to Paul (Sherwin) for the bag of shake-proof / serrated head screws.

They are helping me to repurpose some scrapped computer hardware as a case for a project.

Cheers

John10b 17th Feb 2020 2:39 pm

Re: The Thanks Thread

Thanks to Michael - Yesnaby - for the two pieces of Veneer which he kindly gave me, I’m hoping to be able to repair my Black Box cabinet.
John

electronicskip 20th Feb 2020 2:44 pm

Many thanks to Telstar (Mike) for the KB Minuet radio.
Very pleased with it.

Diabolical Artificer 20th Feb 2020 6:17 pm

A big thank you to Ian G3XYV for the Tek 585 and for bringing it over, also for the HP3903B, been after one for years, happy as a clam in happyland. It never fails to amaze me how helpfull folk on this forum are, it's much appreciated.

Andy.

paulsherwin 21st Feb 2020 11:46 am

Thanks to Norman Raeburn for his generous donation of a laptop SODIMM.

Uncle Bulgaria 23rd Feb 2020 9:31 pm

Thank you (belatedly) to Electronpusher0 for the AVOmeter terminal. My grandfather's model 8 is now looking much happier!

Chris55000 24th Feb 2020 2:45 pm

H!

My grateful thanks to MotorBikeLes for furnishing me with the TQ Manuals I was desiring and the chance to get a really nice TQ CT71 in lovely (not far off mint!) Condition – I've got quite a few Scopex and Dynamco that need their T.D.'s looking at, so I can set up the CT71 to check them on a suitable max current setting (I believe most are about 4.5mA!)

Another reason I wanted a DM63 was to see about a replacement circuit board for the trigger IC, altho' there are still a few TQ ic's floating about they're getting scarcer!

With this in mind, I'm going to have a go myself at this project over the next few months!

Chris Williams

terrybull 27th Feb 2020 10:53 am

A shout out to Huw aka merlinmaxwell for the Tecsun radio I received yesterday. A really generous gift I am delighted with. Thank you.

John10b 28th Feb 2020 4:22 pm

Thank you Phildil for the Red Chinese Cartridge Holders, which you made, they fit really well.
John

Tyso_Bl 29th Feb 2020 4:56 am

Thank you to Ken (Ambientnoise) for the Hitachi scope, nice to put a face to the name.

T

paulsherwin 5th Mar 2020 3:42 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulsherwin (Post 1219071)
Thanks to Norman Raeburn for his generous donation of a laptop SODIMM.

Norman has also sent me two of his MP3 boards, with which I shall have a play. Many thanks.

The Philpott 5th Mar 2020 9:40 pm

Thankyou Norman for the Numitrons and Nixies received today. Much appreciated. If i find that i don't have the necessary grey matter to build these up into clocks or coherent displays i will pass them back into the forum at the same price.

Dave

SiriusHardware 11th Mar 2020 5:16 pm

Many thanks to KeithsTV for entrusting four vintage 7408 logic ICs to my care. Much appreciated, Keith.

Viscount 11th Mar 2020 5:19 pm

a very big thankyou to david (captainpugwash)for sending me the remote for my technics cd player,never thought any one would have one ,brilliant ....

The Philpott 11th Mar 2020 10:22 pm

Thanks again Norman for the croc-clips. I have split them with Mike B.
Dave

kalee20 12th Mar 2020 6:28 pm

Many thanks to Jonathan, Syrinx1, for packing and despatching AVO winding machine. Saved me best part of a day's journey!

bc312 14th Mar 2020 12:58 pm

Thanks to Adam (donutty) for his very generous offer of 3mm wander plugs - mine arrived today, very nice quality. Thanks Adam.

Mike

HamishBoxer 18th Mar 2020 5:35 pm

Many thanks Norman Raeburn for prompt delivery of isolation transformer.

BrianAllen 23rd Mar 2020 3:09 pm

Many thanks to all that have given me help and advice and assisted with parts and accessories over the past months.

This includes all of the help with serial numbers of my Philips tape decks also help sourcing new/use magnetic tape (including spare parts).

Also the old radios that were donated, further to my post for suggestions for other projects.

Without your support, help and encouragement I would be struggling.

Attached is a picture of the base to my Bush PB. 12 which I have sprayed black as I couldn't find a black wood stain dark enough.

Some great advice from Dave regarding routers, cutters and grades of plywood.

Thanking you all again.

Brian

Outrun_uk 26th Mar 2020 6:30 pm

Big thanks to Mike (Cobaltblue) for the Betamax tapes which have now arrived safely.

Kev