UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

Mike Phelan 24th Apr 2018 9:55 am

Re: The Thanks Thread

:clap:A big thanks to Graham (llama) who posted me a Vero connector to repair my vacuum cleaner.

captainpugwash 24th Apr 2018 3:01 pm

Thanks to Rob (whiskas) for the superb packing of the Grundig.

Kind regards,

David

The Philpott 28th Apr 2018 12:58 pm

Thankyou to Hugh for the Belling-Lee captive terminal, arrived today. Just the ticket!

captainpugwash 28th Apr 2018 9:12 pm

Thanks to Steve (music-centre) for the equally excellent packaging on the GEC radio.

Kind regards,

David

electronicskip 30th Apr 2018 2:52 pm

Thanks to David (nutteronthebus) for the Sony unit.

Nickthedentist 30th Apr 2018 3:13 pm

A huge thank-you to David T (David G4EBT) for the beautifully-constructed and laid-out FM-AM converter.

Not only did it arrive almost instantly, but the way it's put together is to professional standards (better, in fact, than commercial products as it uses "proper" solder), and it's finished off with an informative leaflet describing its operation etc. Truely plug-and-play too, apart from the PIC.

I'm very impressed, and very grateful.

THANK YOU, David :)

John M0GLN 30th Apr 2018 3:42 pm

Although I always thank the people concerned either by PM or email I forget about posting here, so my apologies to all I have missed in the past but here are thanks to the latest members who have helped me,

to pmmunro for saving my Avo 8 from the scrapheap,
to Wavey Dipole for the Avo Minor case,
to Steve Bell for the DVD recorder and for him transporting it to Ed Dinnings house,
and to Ed Dinning for transporting it to Golborne for me.

Many Thanks to All

John

Cobaltblue 30th Apr 2018 4:30 pm

A Big thank you to Andy (Diabolical Artificer) to the little battery valves and a couple of not such little ones :thumbsup:

Excellent packaging ensured they all arrived safe and sound.

Thank You Andy :thumbsup:

Cheers

Mike T

Phil G4SPZ 30th Apr 2018 5:43 pm

Grateful thanks to Peter Munro (Forum member "PMM") for providing service information and suggestions which have enabled me to fix a fault on my Avo EA113.

Reelman 1st May 2018 11:12 pm

A big thanks to Bob_Moss for the Sony stereo system I have just collected from him. It was good of him to remember me since it was originally offered back in January and claimed by another member. This fell through so it came to me!

Thanks again Bob,

Peter

G8HQP Dave 2nd May 2018 12:13 pm

Thanks to Paul Stenning for having a site Privacy and Cookie Policy which is easy to read, easy to understand and doesn't hide behind vague generalities. It is clear what you get if you are happy with it, and what still works if you don't accept it.

A few days ago I read the corresponding document from IEEE; you might think that such a member organisation would be similarly clear but it wasn't.

Nickthedentist 8th May 2018 1:53 pm

Thanks to Kevin (kevinB) for personally delivering the lovely Philips radio to me for less than a decent courier would charge, and for a very enticingly-priced, well-restored radio too. Very nice to meet you too.

Nick.

Nickthedentist 8th May 2018 1:54 pm

And to Glyn (ToneArm) for the generous gift of the Fluke DMM, and for sending it instantly too.

Nick.

vinrads 8th May 2018 1:58 pm

A big thank you to Jerry cathoderay57 for sending me the EL33 fast posting and very well packed .Mick.

Reelman 13th May 2018 11:12 pm

Grateful thanks to Electronicskip for the Roberts radio and 1100 man for the two Grundig tape recorders collected at the NVCF today.
Good to meet both you gentlemen and hope you had as good a day as I had. Bought far too much but so difficult to refuse a bargain isn’t it?

Thanks again chaps!
Peter

*** Reminder to all, next Sunday is Dunstable Downs Radio Club Boot Sale near Luton ***

LukeG83 14th May 2018 11:02 am

A massive thanks to Dave Moll and Dazzlevision for their help in getting a Ferguson Videostar to me this weekend.

Dave Moll kindly volunteered to transport the machine for me, and met me at a local service station on the way home.

Many thanks! :-)

Radiocruncher 14th May 2018 6:41 pm

Thanks to Steve (colourstar) who met up with me at the NVCF to pass over a lovely old Sharp radio cassette player. Greatly appreciated and brings back many fond memories of my youth.

Thanks Steve

Regards

Graham

1100 man 15th May 2018 12:40 am

Many thanks to Neil29 for bringing a Thorn 1500 TV up from Wales for me and to Colourstar (Steve) for taking it on the final bit of the journey up to the NVCF.
My grateful thanks to both of you!

My thanks also to Andy (Beery) for remembering nearly a year later that I had asked for a Fireball tuner. A very pleasant surprise and good to meet you and David (Fernseh).
All the best
Nick

Goldie99 15th May 2018 8:41 am

A big thanks to Graham (GroovyG) for the switches, which all arrived safely over the weekend.

Cheers,
Alan

electronicskip 15th May 2018 1:29 pm

Big thanks To Hamish Boxer for the Prestel equipment and BSB goodies. also the surprise Grundig 2x4 video service data/manuels.
Thanks for bringing them to the show, nice to meet you.