UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Where To Get Sets and Parts (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Vintage radios from Facebook (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=168720)

martin.m 5th Jul 2020 3:02 pm

Vintage radios from Facebook

1 Attachment(s)
My wife is always looking on Facebook Marketplace for ornaments etc and she spotted three old radios for sale locally. A bargain at £15 for the lot. Since then I have spotted a couple of 1950s woodies, a radiogram and a Grundig TK5. I don't use Facebook myself but it seems to be a useful source of old electronic equipment.

martin.m 5th Jul 2020 3:17 pm

Re: Vintage radios from Facebook

Left to right are Murphy 192, Marconi T69DA and Murphy A362. The latter uses five valves with 0.1A series connected heaters and an EABC 80 (the set is AM/FM). I think a circuit diagram will be useful for this one.

Cobaltblue 5th Jul 2020 3:31 pm

There are almost as many sets on Facebook as Ebay these days.

My wife uses it a lot she sold all our surplus stuff after our rebuild, tiles, sinks, plumbing accessories, wood as well as some of the baby stuff we no longer need for our grandchildren.

It's free (no fees to seller) I will be offering sets shortly.

I have bought a couple of sets locally and would have bought more but I am trying to reduce the number of sets :dunce:

Cheers

Mike T

FIXITNOW 5th Jul 2020 3:34 pm

I look but not brought any, my way as the price is nowhere as good as your bargain, happy hunting

duncanlowe 17th Aug 2020 3:24 pm

2 Attachment(s)
An interesting one (maybe) just popped up on my local facebook marketplace. Listed as a Swiss made gramophone, but is a Pye radio and record player (not sure whether it counts as a radiogram) with a Swiss made Garrard turntable in it. It's thirties judging by the valves. Tatty case and maybe some modifications. £20.

Not my area of interest, but if anyone wants more details I should be able to PM a link (unless it's OK to put the link here?).

Cobaltblue 17th Aug 2020 5:02 pm

That looks as if its got PP 807's.

It was easy to find first hit for "swiss gramophone" on Marketplace.

Looks to me as if a post war PYE tabletop radiogram has been re-purposed.

Probably done in the late 50's

Cheers

Mike T

Aub 17th Aug 2020 6:32 pm

We had one of those Pye radiograms when I was a kid. I remember changing the needle from a set of spare ones kept in a small tin. My parents replaced it about 1965.

Cheers
Aub

duncanlowe 17th Aug 2020 7:50 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobaltblue (Post 1280799)
That looks as if its got PP 807's.

It was easy to find first hit for "swiss gramophone" on Marketplace.

Looks to me as if a post war PYE tabletop radiogram has been re-purposed.

Probably done in the late 50's

Cheers

Mike T

OK. So easy for anyone to find!

duncanlowe 20th Aug 2020 6:12 pm

Another item that may be of interest. RSC TA12 amplifier. Appears to have been £15 as a kit when new (1960s). £10 locally to me.