UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

Nymrod121 7th Dec 2018 9:00 am

Re: The Thanks Thread

Many thanks to captainpugwash for sending me a 78rpm-compatible cartridge, completely free of charge and received safely yesterday.
Much obliged, David :)
Guy

Skywave 8th Dec 2018 4:01 pm

A very big "Thank you" to MALC SCOTT who sent me a new & complete Weller TCP soldering iron. Such outstanding generosity is a true hallmark of the members of this forum & strengthens the bond we all share.

Al.

cathoderay57 13th Dec 2018 6:53 pm

I purchased a Mullard MAS281/15 (aka Philips 170A) in an on-line auction. Sadly, like so many of these sets, the audio o/p tx winding was o/c. Nil desperandum - Ed Dinning came to the rescue with a rewind completed by return of post! Many thanks Ed - fine job. The old Mullard is playing again. Jerry

Reelman 17th Dec 2018 10:20 pm

Many thanks to Phil G4SPZ for the Grundig service manual, might just put my two sets further up the “roundtuit” pile!
Cheers!
Peter

QQVO6/40 19th Dec 2018 8:17 pm

Thank you to the Moderator/unknown that amended my initial post on the Murphy B40D.
Yes it was a frivolous start to the post and I was thinking about it last night after I had retired for the night. I got up extra early this morning (4.00AM) to fix it myself but you had already beat me to it. Gotta admit it was pertinent to the tasks at hand however this is not the place. I agree!
Thank you for doing that for me.
All the very best greetings for the season.

electronicskip 27th Dec 2018 1:28 pm

A Big thank you to Sean Williams for dropping off a quantity of his excellent video recorders to me on his way to the seaside!
Fantastic thank you .

Cathode Ray 28th Dec 2018 1:13 am

A really big thanks to Ed_Dinning for helping me out with an isolation transformer. Ed your a real gent.

Thanks a million.

Ray

SiriusHardware 1st Jan 2019 11:12 pm

Thanks to John M1JWR for kindly finding and sending me a replacement panel mount DC power socket for one of the Cybernet-made CB radios in my small collection. I have been looking out for one for many years now.

Kevin Hoyland 3rd Jan 2019 12:18 pm

Thank You
To David Simpson for sending me the EA53 Valve.

Kind Regard
Kevin

VT FUSE 4th Jan 2019 3:44 pm

Thanks to G4WXDjim for kindly offering an assortment of pots in his recent "parts FOC" listings. They were received this morning and I will be sending a share onward to G4YVM David as he showed interest initially.
Thanks also for offering the GCHQ book and posting this to me.

Mike

thermionic 5th Jan 2019 9:12 pm

Thanks to FRANK.C for the Hedgehog PCB.

I can see this will be a great project, if time allows!

SimonT

Skywave 8th Jan 2019 7:05 pm

My grateful thanks to Jimbo (at Crewkerne, Somerset) for the pair of Goodmans bookshelf speakers. It's always pleasant to meet a fellow enthusiast, especially when he / she is local.

Al. (Chard, Somerset)
Jan. 8, 2019

g4wim_tim 10th Jan 2019 9:27 pm

I'd like to say a big thank you to the following members without whose help my AM TX project would have stalled (hope I've not missed anyone)

David Simpson for the 6AQ5's,
David G4EBT for the coil former
Roger G3VKM for valves and other assorted hardware
Malcom G6ANZ for the modulator chassis

Hope I can repay the favour at some point !

Regards Tim

Miggi03 15th Jan 2019 11:32 am

I'd like to thanks to Mooly for spending time explaining not just how to fix my beloved Technics Mini Stack but also more importantly the logic behind it and Why it fixed it, also to Diabolical Artificer for sourcing the exact Service Manual.

paulsherwin 15th Jan 2019 12:10 pm

Thanks to David (captainpugwash) for the Marantz tuner which arrived today courtesy of Graham (GroovyG) who has been extremely helpful with FCS arrangements. Much appreciated gents.

Skywave 17th Jan 2019 6:33 pm

My many thanks to Lloyd 1985 for the pair of Denon speakers: a substantial improvement over the Sanyo pair that have now been replaced.

Al. / Jan. 17, 2019

Valvepower 17th Jan 2019 8:46 pm

Thanks to Mark (mark_in_manc) for the Crown DC300 amplifier manual.

I return and thanks I’ll pop something in the Heart Foundation donation box in the next week.

It’s hard to believe the DC300 is as vintage – probably more so – than the Ekco AD65 was back in 1967 when the DC300 was first introduced :)

Regards
Terry

Ti Pwun 18th Jan 2019 1:46 pm

Big thanks to John M0GLN for machining a brass piece for me for a tool that I am making - works perfectly and is REALLY appreciated. Top man...

G6Tanuki 22nd Jan 2019 5:34 pm

Cheers to mole42uk for the high-voltage connectors which arrived here today (in a rather snazzy shiny red Jiffy-bag!).

They look just the thing for my linear-amp PSU interconnects.

Mikey66 4th Feb 2019 2:06 pm

My thanks go out tog4wim_tim for going to the trouble of sending me a valve.

Cheers Tim