UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Vintage Amateur and Military Radio (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Zeon Tech multi band radio (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=179658)

Tom williams 3rd May 2021 11:55 am

Zeon Tech multi band radio

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

I got this nice little radio a few months back, and it has been quite fun listening to the aeroplanes and CB.
Over the past two weeks, the tuning knob has gotten harder and harder and has just today stopped tuning completely, I suspect that the string to move the tuner mark has either snapped or has come off of one of the pulley's.

Can someone please help me with the repair or even possibly repair it for me?

Tom

Julesomega 3rd May 2021 12:32 pm

Re: Zeon Tech multi band radio

Tom - Before you send it away, put your picture on the thread Vintage Airband Website so that Skyking can add it to his website!

Kentode 3rd May 2021 3:26 pm

2 Attachment(s)
Tom, you can have this FOC, just postage if you want.

I just stuck four old batteries in and it still works! The aerial is broken but if the dial cord on yours has slipped off then you can use this one as a guide. Find a replacement aerial and you'll have two! :thumbsup:

Tom williams 5th May 2021 8:23 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kentode (Post 1370486)
Tom, you can have this FOC, just postage if you want.

I just stuck four old batteries in and it still works! The aerial is broken but if the dial cord on yours has slipped off then you can use this one as a guide. Find a replacement aerial and you'll have two! :thumbsup:

Hi Ken, I will try and repair it tonight, I may be able to see how the string works, but if not, I will PM you with the address and find a way to pay you.

Tom

Kentode 5th May 2021 10:38 am

No worries, Tom. :wave:

PS. If it will help I'll post some pictures of the dialcord.

Tom williams 5th May 2021 11:16 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kentode (Post 1371269)
No worries, Tom. :wave:

PS. If it will help I'll post some pictures of the dialcord.

Yes please, that would be ideal!

Tom

Kentode 5th May 2021 1:12 pm

4 Attachment(s)
Here you go!

Tom williams 5th May 2021 1:20 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kentode (Post 1371332)
Here you go!

Thank you, Ken, I'll use them later and let you know how it turns out.

Tom

Tom williams 5th May 2021 6:59 pm

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kentode (Post 1371332)
Here you go!

Hi again Ken, just opened up the radio, and the string has snapped. I believe it's because the string had came off of one of the pulley's, hence the knob getting tighter, and the string snapping.

Tom

Kentode 5th May 2021 8:32 pm

Oh dear! 8-o

Are you going to attempt to re-string it? The path doesn't look to be difficult but it's rather small, the only time I had to do this was on a nice big valve radio!

Fiddley, but doable with patience and some masking tape to hold the cord in place as you go.

My offer still stands...

Tom williams 5th May 2021 9:03 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kentode (Post 1371464)
Oh dear! 8-o

Are you going to attempt to re-string it? The path doesn't look to be difficult but it's rather small, the only time I had to do this was on a nice big valve radio!

Fiddley, but doable with patience and some masking tape to hold the cord in place as you go.

My offer still stands...

Hi Ken, my plan at this point in time is to ask on the "repairs wanted" thread of the forum, but if I don't get a response, I will gladly take your offer.

Tom