UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Vintage Television and Video (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   2016 Solihull Meetup - Saturday 14th of May (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=123158)

Courtney Louise 10th Feb 2016 9:56 pm

Re: 2016 Solihull Meetup - Saturday 14th of May

I have an as found TV62, completely untouched since the 60's if that's a fair candidate for the dining room table fun times?

Ferguson 2000 13th Feb 2016 4:53 pm

Hi Mike,

I very much enjoyed my much too short visit last year and would like to be reminded of my days as a apprentice again this year.

Many thanks for all the work and organising.

Best wishes, Geoffrey.

Mikey405 23rd Feb 2016 5:58 pm

Hi Pasty, Brian, Hamid, Stu, John, Bobby, Peter, Courtney and Geoffrey.

Apologies for the long pause in replying. Nothing less than my terrible rudeness I'm afraid.

I'm glad you can all make it and Courtney, please do bring along the TV62 - There will be at least couple of workshops available and all the bits and pieces you may need.

I'll post up more details a bit nearer the time but please do save up any TV related junk you may have for swapping, selling or giving away.

Thanks everyone and apologies again for the delay.

Kind regards.

From Mike.

MonochromeMarc 29th Feb 2016 4:36 pm

Hi Mike,

I've Managed to cadge a lift with Steve (Colourstar) so it looks as though I can make it down too if there's still room left :)

All the best,
Marc.

Mikey405 2nd Mar 2016 10:32 pm

That's excellent Marc. We'll see you there. :) I suspect it will be rather a full-house this meetup but I'm sure we'll squeeze everyone in.

Kind regards.

From Mike.

G8KBG Tony 12th Apr 2016 4:22 am

I'll be there if that's OK, Mike. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Tony

TNC 30th Apr 2016 8:43 am

Mike, Would there be room for one more please?

Trevor. :)

Mikey405 1st May 2016 8:02 pm

Hi Tone and Trevor.

Yes, of course - You will be more than welcome to come along.

Kind regards.

From Mike.

Mikey405 1st May 2016 8:15 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all again.

If anyone needs to know my address and phone number then just PM me and I'll send over the details. The pile of stuff isn't quite the huge mound it was last year but there are a number of televisions for giving away this year among all sorts of other junk. If you have any stuff (TV related or otherwise) to bring along for giving away / swapping / selling or whatever else then please do bring it along.

Could I possibly ask people to bring some kind of name badges with their name and forum-name please. And if you would like to bring along any food / drink to share with your forum-pals during the day then that would be excellent too. There will of course be the usual bacon sandwiches in the morning, a pub visit at lunch time and some kind of foreign-type food in the evening for those who wish to partake and beer for those who are stopping in a hotel or staying over.

I'm very much looking forward to it so I hope to see you all there.

Thanks everyone.

Kind regards.

From Mike.
PS. If you have a folding garden deck-chair or similar you could bring then it may be useful in case there are far more people than seats. :)

slidertogrid 1st May 2016 9:42 pm

Has anyone that is going to Mike's and to the NVCF got room to take a 19" 8500? Neil has said he can take it to Mike's but he isn't going to the NVCF the following day.
I would be very grateful and happily make a payment towards fuel.
Rich.

Mike Phelan 2nd May 2016 10:47 am

Hope there's still enough room for my camp bed!

Hunts smoothing bomb 3rd May 2016 12:07 pm

Hi Mike,

I'm really looking forward to it, hopefully the weather will permit me a decent journey.

See you on the 14th.

Cheers

TNC 5th May 2016 9:56 pm

Hi Mike,

Sorry to post via your thread but I have sent you a couple of PMs
requesting your contact details (need to know to locate a hotel) but
no reply as yet! Grateful if you could expedite?

Trevor. :)

Mikey405 6th May 2016 8:13 am

Hi Rich, Mike, Lee and Trevor.

Sorry for the delay Trevor - That's just my usual tardiness. :) I've replied now so you should have all the details. I think a few people are staying in a hotel in Hockley Heath called "The Oak".

Mike - Your camp-bed slot is safe in the workshop - if you don't mind the mess of wires and junk everywhere. :)

Lee - The long-range forecast says rain next weekend - but I'm quite sure these things aren't entirely set in stone so hopefully we shall have blazing sunshine both days.

I've ordered a slab of 150 rashers of thick bacon from the butcher yesterday to be collected next Friday. Just 20 loaves of bread and umpteen jars of coffee (and tea) to go. :)

Thanks all.

Kind regards.

From Mike.

Courtney Louise 6th May 2016 11:01 am

Mike, Khryssy has offered to do Sandwich/Tea and Coffee again :-)

Mike Phelan 6th May 2016 11:17 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey405 (Post 845432)
Mike - Your camp-bed slot is safe in the workshop - if you don't mind the mess of wires and junk everywhere.

Thanks for that, Mike. Wires and junk no problem!
I'll try to make some cake if I've time.

Mikey405 6th May 2016 1:13 pm

Hi Courtney and Mike.

Mike - That sounds tip-top. I shall look forward to sampling your cake. It seemed to be a big hit at the last meetup.

Courtney - Khryssy's tea and coffee making skills and general glamorous demeanour were much in demand last time - although nobody burns bacon like me so she may need to fight me for use of the grill!

Courtney Louise 6th May 2016 1:36 pm

hahahaha

beery 8th May 2016 9:56 pm

Hi Mikey,
Is there still a place for me to stay?

Were you able to get the Invicta entertainment centre over to Solihull?

Cheers
Andy

Mikey405 9th May 2016 6:57 am

Hi Andy.

Yes, still a place for you to stay (as long as you don't mind a slightly wobbly bunk bed). :)

Regarding the Invicta: Alas the Renault (the only car I have big enough to fit the huge tele-gram monster) is down in Devon having a new cam belt. And besides, the house is gridlocked with TVs at the moment - Hopefully a few will be going out the door this weekend. :)