UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

John10b 19th Dec 2023 4:52 pm

Re: The Thanks Thread

May I thank Jerry( CathodeRay57) for the ECH42 FOC and postage. Thank you Jerry.
John

knobtwiddler 21st Dec 2023 7:08 pm

1 Attachment(s)
A massive thank you to Mark_in_manc for the B+K manual. He gave it to me for free!

All I need to do now is to work out how to get the B+K functional and I'll be able to use it!

Syrinx1 22nd Dec 2023 3:48 pm

Thanks to bigfathairyvika for sending me the IC's so quickly.

samjmann 25th Dec 2023 10:11 am

Thanks to Top Cap.

Just to thank you for the repair report you sent me on the Quad 405.
This will enable me to do some checks on the limiter thick film modules. Top man, Top Cap !!

Regards, SJM.

fetteler 27th Dec 2023 1:38 am

I would like to say a hearty thank you to Richard - trh01uk for his extremely kind and generous gift of an HP 8650 spectrum analyser. I consider myself to be extremely fortunate and will care for and make excellent use of this fine instrument.

I wish Richard all the very best.

Steve.

Reelman 3rd Jan 2024 6:03 pm

A big thanks to Peter, Electronpusher0 for the minimod PCBs received today. Very good of him to take on the task of having the boards made and despatched in what seems to be ever increasing quantities. Much appreciated, it must take a substantial amount of time.
Also thanks to Lester, Radiomobile for the AF117 substitutes at a very reasonable price. We will probably all come across the “tin whisker” problem at some time or other and replacement is really the best solution. The market has realised this and so suitable transistors are becoming more expensive and difficult to obtain. Therefore, Lester’s offer has been very welcome.
Peter

g0hze snowy 4th Jan 2024 11:07 am

Thanks to Robin CambridgeWorks.

Those diagrams brought back many memories from when i had the TRIO 9R59DE/S in Cyprus when posted there in 69-72. Once again a big thanks.

Dickie 5th Jan 2024 7:58 pm

Thanks to Phil, "pbengtech" for sending me a Roberts RD60 handle completely FOC.

John10b 6th Jan 2024 10:26 am

Thank you Gerry - Kestrelmusic - for the four Knobs for my Pye Radio.
John

vinrads 9th Jan 2024 11:06 am

I would like to say a big thanks to Tom Williams for sending me the FM/Air band radio.

CambridgeWorks 11th Jan 2024 12:33 am

A big thank you to Jon (eaglework) for all his time and effort in dealing with the HP gear and helping out with distribution.
Rob

Syrinx1 13th Jan 2024 5:17 pm

Many thanks to Ian (Dickie) and his friend Phil for arranging transport of a generously gifted CUB monitor.

Ambientnoise 15th Jan 2024 1:50 pm

Many thanks to Alvin for the Sony ICF-2001. It’s now on the operating table and looks to be suffering from cracked pcb tracks.

Ken

HamishBoxer 15th Jan 2024 5:08 pm

Many Thanks Lester (RadioMobile) for the AF117s subs,

David

DMcMahon 15th Jan 2024 5:27 pm

Thankyou to Richard (trh01uk) for the "Foundations of wireless" book that safely arrived this morning.

Long ago I had this book but it seems to have disappeared over the years, will be good to have a read through to refesh my basic understanding of radio theory.

David

HamishBoxer 16th Jan 2024 4:58 pm

Thank you Peter (ElectronPusher0) Mini mod boards arrived today, excellent.

DMcMahon 18th Jan 2024 7:35 pm

Thank you to David (David G4EBT) for the 150nF capacitors that arrived safely today.

David

Vintage Engr 21st Jan 2024 2:44 pm

This is probably a slightly unusual 'Big Thank-you'.

A big thanks to all members, Moderators & providers on this forum, for just being there, & for the availability of the interchange of technical knowledge, - being able to bounce ideas off each other.

During my long career in many different disciplines of electronics, - domestic radio & TV servicing, Broadcast Engineering, & scientific & medical uses of television,high end audio, I have worked with some very interesting people.

When I started my apprenticeship in R&TV servicing, I was very fortunate to have amongst those around me, ex RAF & ex army radio technicians, with loads of experience & terrific enthusiasm. This instilled me with even more enthusiasm than I already had!
Building things. Remote controlled submarines, a flying spot scanner for 405 lines, a 'Pinky & Perky voice changer, building a GDAF type receiver, the list went on.I well remember going to our local 'geasy-spoon' for lunch, & George G3MZR , now SK, had drawn the circuit of an SSB product-detector on the paper tablecloth, which we duly took with us!

Engineers used to play technical tricks on us apprentices (I'm currently writing a book with more of this..) it was all part of the learning curve. There were of course amongst our number, pure 'Bottle-jockeys & I.F. Twiddlers', who were only interested it getting back to the workshop after their allotted field calls, so not much learnt there!

Moving on , & into AV & Broadcast Engineering, I was fortunate to meet BBC designers, people like Michael Cox, of 'Cox-Box' fame. People with whom one could have a decent technical conversation with & where ther was a cross-fertilisation of ideas. Technical jokes abounded!

Later on, for some reason, many of the engineers who worked with me or for me were definitely just 9-5:30 bods, who didn't have any real interest in either the equipment, how it worked, or what the client needed to do with it.
I found that my only source of intercommunication on any technical level, was either with the big manufacturers, or with competitors, when I met with them on a training course.
So now retired, with no local engineering contacts the forum is an extension of my long journey in electronics.

UKVRR continues to provide one of the best 'melting-pots' for enthusiastic interchange of ideas. We may not always agree on some of the finer points, but generally it is a very friendly & exceedingly informative place to be.

So thanks again to one & all, long may it continue

David.

Phil G4SPZ 21st Jan 2024 5:12 pm

Well said, David. I’m sure you speak for many of us on the Forum, me included!

DMcMahon 24th Jan 2024 9:24 pm

Thank you to pip5678 for the Grundig Party Boy radio that I collected today.

It looks and sounds good.

David