UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

Nymrod121 14th Mar 2017 11:44 am

Re: The Thanks Thread

Many thanks to Nick (Nickthedentist) for sending me a TP-Link Load Balancing Router. This is scheduled for experimentation in combining 4G with cable services (Three/VirginMedia respectively). I've been impressed by 4G performance, especially the upload speeds ... these are incredibly quick (typically 18-28Mbps) ... however if one goes over the data limit (PAYG) the costs are eye-watering. Lots to investigate! Cheers Nick :thumbsup:
Guy

vinylspinner 26th Mar 2017 12:59 pm

A very big thank you to terrybull for selling me the immaculate Project turntable
and for his help with the delivery side of things.

Thank you Terry.

Nigel

eddie_ce 27th Mar 2017 4:22 pm

Many thanks to Peter Monro for the very comprehensive AVO8 manual. It is much appreciated.

paolo 29th Mar 2017 1:27 pm

Just a quick note of thanks to Timtape for his great work to keep my Revox PR99 and B77's in tip top shape. He's saved me from tearing my hair out and filling my swear jar up! Thanks Tim :D

Paul

electronicskip 30th Mar 2017 6:47 pm

Thank you to Greg_Simons for the Marconi radio for restoration.
I'm going to do my very best to bring it back to life.

Herald1360 9th Apr 2017 11:46 pm

Thanks to Rob (Whiskas) for the nice boxed set of Dremel type tools.

His packaging was a work of art in itself!

Reelman 24th Apr 2017 9:09 pm

Many thanks to Dave, Dazzlevision for the information on the Philips 22EN9728. Also found Tony Duell's page on it that shows a picture. Great, thanks!
Peter

VT FUSE 30th Apr 2017 3:07 pm

A MASSIVE thank you to Jim,G4XWDjim for so very kindly organising the "Grand Garage Giveaway" today at his home prior to his forthcoming move.
To say that I now have many of the parts needed to complete my H.F Linear amp and sundry Antenna matchers would only be a start,also parts missing from WW2 eqpt. in abundance.
Thanks due also for the "Half time cup of Tea"-Lovely.

Very best wishes in your new home and best wishes for both of you in the future.

Mike

Ed_Dinning 30th Apr 2017 7:50 pm

Many thanks to Rob 672 for donating a very good condition Avo CT38, it is now "paired " with my unit awaiting meter etc transplants.
Nice to meet you and your wife on Friday evening, I trust the rest of the journey was not too horrendous.

Ed

Skywave 1st May 2017 9:23 am

My thanks to Happy to help for the assortment of audio equipment, received April 30th.

Al. / Skywave / May 1st. //

Skywave 1st May 2017 12:43 pm

My thanks go to Herald 1360 for the transport of a cassette tape deck from Crewe to Cheltenham.

Al. / May 1st.

eddie_ce 2nd May 2017 6:39 pm

Many thanks to Rob (Whiskas) for the NOS trimmers.

paulsherwin 2nd May 2017 8:03 pm

Thanks to David (factory) for the Hitachi and H/K tuners, and to Chris (Herald1360) for transporting them from Crewe to Witney for me.

Reelman 4th May 2017 5:08 pm

Many thanks to Brunel for the two Grundig radios I collected from him today.
Cheers Mate!
Peter

eddie_ce 8th May 2017 9:05 am

Many thanks to crackle who replied to my Dulwich museum thread supplying additional contact details and thus enabling me to visit the museum last Saturday. Well worth the visit.

Oldcodger 8th May 2017 11:34 pm

Many thanks to Paulsherwin for guiding me through the maze of Humax dongles. I know I thanked Paul for "recommending" a dongle. Paul was upset at the wording, but I only took his "recommendations" as help and advice after he'd given me the technical aspects .Many thanks, Paul- all I have to do now is work out how to stream.

Diabolical Artificer 15th May 2017 5:49 am

A big thank you to Peter AKA Reelman for picking up and dropping off a box of valves for me.

Thanks Peter.

Andy.

Phil G4SPZ 19th May 2017 11:15 pm

My thanks go to Alistair D for sending me a brand new Vishay 68 Megohm precision resistor for my Avo EA113, completely FOC and postage paid too! Very kind, thank you Alistair.

HamishBoxer 20th May 2017 11:03 am

Many Thanks to Andrew B for the linear noise free PSU.

Skywave 20th May 2017 10:06 pm

Many thanks to Chris55000 for the delivery of a non-working Heathkit VTVM. Although current assessment of mine indicates that it is only the mains transformer that I require, other bits may well be needed from the donor item as and when I restore my unit.

Al.
May 20th.