UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Clubs, Groups and Societies (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Golborne (Manchester) meet Sun 7th November (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=182482)

audiomagpie 2nd Aug 2021 5:45 pm

Golborne (Manchester) meet Sun 7th November

Date for your diary:

To confirm the BVWS north west swap meet/jumble at Golborne (just west of Manchester) is booked for Sunday 7th November. Stall holder booking forms will be sent with the next Bulletin.

More details to follow near to the event.......

Richard_FM 2nd Aug 2021 10:19 pm

Re: Golborne (Manchester) meet Sun 7th November

Good to hear this is hopefully going ahead.

Kentode 3rd Aug 2021 7:55 am

Huzzah! I'll be there. :clap:

Dave Moll 3rd Aug 2021 7:58 am

I intend to be there, and (all being well) will be happy to provide the usual Bring & Buy stall.

John M0GLN 3rd Aug 2021 8:06 am

Excellent news, It's down and highlighted in my diary.

John

AdrianH 3rd Aug 2021 8:38 am

Excellent, it will be the first Vintage meet for me to attend since getting into this interest.

Adrian

Reelman 3rd Aug 2021 10:02 am

Excellent news! Has been sorely missed.
Peter

Paul Stenning 3rd Aug 2021 10:20 am

I have updated the BVWS home page and events page with the news and confirmed date.

Ed_Dinning 3rd Aug 2021 8:22 pm

Hope to see you all there gents

Ed

radiograham 4th Aug 2021 12:43 am

Great,the last one for me was nov 2018 and then i missed nov 2019 due to being in dock,and we all know what came next. Graham.

whiskas 4th Aug 2021 8:30 am

I look forward to Golborne - it's a great meeting.
Always attended by great folk.
I hope it goes ahead as scheduled!

duncanlowe 5th Aug 2021 5:28 pm

Many moons ago, on a thread where I'd been gifted a stack of what we think are thirties valves, I planned to come to Golborne with them. Then 'it' happened. I think the plan should be resurrected though I'm going to make sure I have only a tiny amount of cash with me because I know I would be tempted to come home with too much stuff!

Squipper 15th Oct 2021 6:53 pm

Can someone please confirm the address for return of the stall booking form for Golborne this coming November.

Payment via post is pending, as both of the contact numbers I have for Mark (Ryding) are seemingly no good. (The mobile number given on the booking form is now unobtainable, and the landline I had now seems to belong to someone else!)

Not willing to post to the same address on the form if Mark has in fact moved...

Thank you.

Dave Moll 15th Oct 2021 7:00 pm

I'm glad to report that I have now managed to secure a promise of transport to get me to Golborne in good time for the 10:00 start, so I'm happy to take on the mantle of running the Bring & Buy if no one else has taken this on in my expected absence.

edit: looking back through the thread, I can't find any evidence that I had previously mentioned my expected inability to attend. Possibly, I only posted in the thread about RetrotechUK.

Cobaltblue 15th Oct 2021 7:00 pm

The number given in the BVWS Bulletin seems to be good (page 61)

Cheers

Mike T

Squipper 15th Oct 2021 7:09 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobaltblue (Post 1414467)
The number given in the BVWS Bulletin seems to be good (page 61)

Cheers

Mike T

Thanks Mike, much appreciated. I didn't think to look there, I was wrongly assuming that the info on the booking form would be correct...

Paul Stenning 16th Oct 2021 9:51 am

I have highlighted the recent posts here to some of the BVWS committee for clarification.

YoungManGW 17th Oct 2021 10:36 am

Am I right in thinking there’s an auction at this event? If so, is an auction catalogue/list available, does anyone know? Many thanks.
Regards,
Richard

Cobaltblue 17th Oct 2021 10:42 am

Traditionally Golborne has not had an Auction, only Harpenden a RWB

There is BVWS on line auction coming up at the end of the month.

https://vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=184684

Cheers

Mike T

audiomagpie 17th Oct 2021 7:12 pm

Squipper (Paul) - Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Organiser Mark Ryding changed his mobile number a while back and the form has never been updated and has slipped through the net, nobody has noticed before! Apologies!
THE NUMBER FOR MARK IN THE BACK OF THE BULLETIN IS THE CORRECT ONE.

To confirm, this meeting is a swap meet and jumble event, there's no auction.
There will be stalls selling Radio/wireless sets both valve and transistor, likewise with TV sets,
hifi/audio gear, video equipment, test gear, spares used and new, communications equipment, books/magazines, etc... Ample free parking, refreshments.
With non auction events, it's best to get there for opening as they tend to fizzle out by about mid afternoon. There's always bargains to be had and you never know just what you might find.......