UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 2nd May 2017, 5:49 pm   #21
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

Default Re: How to contact HiFi Engine?

Not only my most recent post ( a query about the schematic diagrams for th Bose WaveradioCD), but all my posts seem to have been deleted
Old 2nd May 2017, 8:56 pm   #22
AC/HL
Dekatron

The rules, as in Mike's post say that posts are irrecoverable, so you've nothing to lose by re-registering. You'll need to close your account first, duplicates aren't allowed as usual.
Old 8th May 2017, 10:01 am   #23
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

I'm inclined to close my account and reregister, Bill (when I can think of a new username & password!!) If previous posts are irrecoverable I've nothing to lose, and, if they've been deleted altogether, other HFE members can't benefit(?) from them, either. Obviously I'll never know why my suspension happened, but there it is.
Old 9th May 2017, 8:40 am   #24
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

It's just occurred to me that the reason HFE may have deleted my posts and prevented me from posting new rquests, etc., is that I may have once mentioned (without inserting a link) that I had a thread running on UKVRRRDF about the same topic (Pro-ject Turntable, IIRC) Thoght I'd mention that in case other forum mmebers who are also members of HFE might faull foul of their rules in this respect.
Old 9th May 2017, 1:51 pm   #25
Maarten
Dekatron

If that is reason for suspension without notice, I would not want to become a member there. I don't think you have anything to lose by asking, even if just for curiousity's sake.
Old 9th May 2017, 5:11 pm   #26
'LIVEWIRE?'
Rest in Peace

I can't ask HFE for the reason, Maarten. There is no 'Contact Us', 'Contact the Webmaster' or anything similar on their site. The FAQs are supposed to answer all queries, and, as I'm not allowed to post anything in the 'Requests' section, there's no way I can enquire as to the reason form my suspension. I could be wrong in my assumption, though. HFE is a useful and informative site, as is their sister site 'Vinyl Engine' so I wouldn't want to lose access to either of them altogether.
Old 11th May 2017, 1:40 am   #27
Maarten
Dekatron

Even the whois doesn't contain direct contact information, I wasn't expecting that.

In general, e-mail adresses like info and webmaster should work.

I have an account there but I now feel uncomfortable having left any personal information at such an utterly anonymous site.
Old 11th May 2017, 3:35 pm   #28
AC/HL
Dekatron

There appears to be nothing more to be done to solve the issue, and we don't want to be seen to be critical of another site.
Closed Thread