UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 25th Mar 2017, 5:46 pm   #21
60 oldjohn
Dekatron

Default Re: 1970s Hong Kong radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Huggins View Post
Looking at the pics in Post #8, I just hope those 2 speakers are in phase so as to give more Bass!
Set is back on the high shelf again, but looking at my picture I think they are connected is series + to - so correct?

John.
Old 25th Mar 2017, 7:17 pm   #22
dseymo1
Retired Dormant Member

There were a few military-styled versions too, finished in olive green with 'utilitarian' looks.
Old 26th Mar 2017, 2:31 am   #23
mickash
Hexode

John - Many thanks for bringing the Flight 4 down and taking the photos. The chassis is almost identical to mine. My chassis uses a separate volume slider but has an empty space where yours has a rotary volume-on/off control. The handles are identical and cabinets of the same constuction. Both radios are probably made in the same factory.

The radio has been playing for most of the day, quite adequate for kitchen use but obviously not up to Grundig or Hacker standards. It was probably all my Mum could afford back then. Times were hard in the 70s!!

David - re the aerial. Thanks, I'll send you a PM.

Thanks for all the replies on this subject.

Michael.
Closed Thread