UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 25th Feb 2017, 3:37 pm   #1
HMV 1120
Hexode

Default RF unit type 114B

Does anyone have any information for an RAF radio unit Ref No. 114B (10DB/8514)? It's a yellow box containing two VR91 (Military EF50's) and diode in a tuned circuit that appears to be a receiver front end. From the coils I'd guess Mid-High VHF, say c. 160 mhz? I'm guessing from its overall construction that it dates to the early postwar period and forms part of a navigation receiver equipment.

Regards,

Robert B.
Old 25th Feb 2017, 3:49 pm   #2
M0FYA Andy
Nonode

Default Re: RF unit type 114B

Robert, it would appear to be part of BABS Mk2 and Mk2M, covered by A.P.2885L.
I don't have a copy of that, but it is listed in the online catalogue of The National Archives at Kew.
Andy
Old 5th Mar 2017, 10:07 pm   #3
HMV 1120
Hexode

Thank you Andy, I've sent an enquiry to Kew to see what the cost is for getting the AP copied.

Regards,

Robert B.
Old 5th Mar 2017, 10:17 pm   #4
M0FYA Andy
Nonode

I suspect it might be a weighty AP, and eye-wateringly expensive to get the whole thing copied! If so, it might be worth just getting the contents copied initially to allow you to select the relevant pages you need. Unfortunately that will be a slow process.
If you do ask for copies, I recommend you go for paper copies as they are photocopied. I've only asked for an electronic copy once and was very disappointed, the pages were photographed, not scanned, at barely readable resolution. The cost of paper or electronic copies is the same.
Andy
Old 12th Mar 2017, 11:26 am   #5
Station X

Robert.

I have to visit the National Archives in early May and may be able to photograph this for you, depending on size etc.

If interested, PM me the NA reference.

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Closed Thread