UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Mar 2017, 12:39 am   #41
12jslater
Pentode

Default Re: 2017 Solihull TV Junk-Swap and Get-Together - Saturday 13th May 2017

How many people usually attend? Do you get many of the pre 1950s radios?

I'll be there!
Old 9th Mar 2017, 5:14 pm   #42
Mikey405
Octode

Default Re: 2017 Solihull TV Junk-Swap and Get-Together - Saturday 13th May 2017

Hi 12JSlater(?)

You're more than welcome to come along.

Quote:
Do you get many of the pre 1950s radios?
Well, it's mostly a TV get-together but sometimes somebody will bring along a radio or two for disposal.

Thanks 12JSlater.

Kind regards.

From Mike.
Old 9th Mar 2017, 7:37 pm   #43
Zelandeth
Heptode

I'll need to make a decision shortly regarding this...Usual story where two events are on the same day in different places...So I'll either be heading towards Solihull or St. Paul's London...

Might see if I can swing it to head up your way though as the London event comes round regularly so isn't a major problem to miss.
Old 24th Mar 2017, 3:14 pm   #44
neil29
Heptode

I'm looking at hiring a van (SWB transit) and will more than likely be filling it with mostly free TV's.. my question is would enough people be interested in perhaps having one or more tv's as I will not be taking it all back home with me and if necessary they will be left somewhere .

Cheers
Neil.
Old 24th Mar 2017, 3:20 pm   #45
Freya
Octode

It might look like this if they don't get claimed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CRT.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	139739  
Old 24th Mar 2017, 4:29 pm   #46
pastyboy
Hexode

we will be there Neil I am sure you can tempt us with something !

I can smell them pasties already.....
Old 24th Mar 2017, 11:30 pm   #47
1100 man
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil29 View Post
I'm looking at hiring a van (SWB transit) and will more than likely be filling it with mostly free TV's..
A transit filled with TV's... sounds like heaven to me I don't know if it would be possible to come up with a rough list to give an indication what sort of stuff you might bring? Then we could all get really excited in advance
Cheers Nick
Old 25th Mar 2017, 12:23 am   #48
julie_m
Dekatron

If there's going to be a 1980s colour set anywhere in there that just needs the LOPT resoldering, can I bagsy that job, please? I turned so many of those down back in the day Folly of youth, and all that ..... didn't realise it wasn't going to kill me ..... (and yeah, I know, usually it's the other way around ..... kids are supposed to think they are indestructible ..... what can I say? I guess I was just weird .....)
Old 26th Mar 2017, 8:25 am   #49
1955APREN
Hexode

I would like to come more so that Neil is bringing some good tv's but at the present time do not have any transport (unless certain office in Swansea is very kind to me before this date). If there any one travelling from the N/Wales or Chester area using the A41 and have spare seat in their car and willing to make a slight diversion then please pm. I am willing to share costs. Thanks in advance
Derrick
Old 4th Apr 2017, 2:45 pm   #50
TNC
Hexode

Hi Mikey,

I would very much like to put my name down (second year running!) if that's OK with you?

Although house moves are subject to all manner of caveats, I am in the process of one myself! To that end, although I have completed a number of TV restorations/repairs, I really need to clear some of the many unrestored TVs I have accumulated and which I probably won't be able to sort. I'm happy for them to find good homes but of course, donations to the Dulwich Museum would be welcome...are you happy for me to arrive with a van?

Best regards, Trevor
Old 4th Apr 2017, 4:08 pm   #51
Hunts smoothing bomb
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC View Post

I really need to clear some of the many unrestored TVs I have......are you happy for me to arrive with a van?

Best regards, Trevor

This sounds like it could be fun!

Cheers
Old 4th Apr 2017, 5:56 pm   #52
neil29
Heptode

I hope the van isn't too big Trevor as I'm taking a load of stuff in a Transit and not one item will be coming home with me.. and if necessary whatever is left will be dumped somewhere.

Cheers, Neil.
Old 5th Apr 2017, 5:30 pm   #53
G3JZF_John
Retired Dormant Member

Mike

Missed it last year, but would very much like to come this time.

John
Old 5th Apr 2017, 8:25 pm   #54
hamid_1
Heptode

I'd like to come back again too. Hope there will be enough room for me amongst all the people and van-loads of tellies
Old 6th Apr 2017, 9:52 am   #55
Mikey66
Hexode

Please don't dump the 9K6 Neil

Mike C
Old 30th Apr 2017, 2:06 am   #56
G8KBG Tony
Pentode

I'd be delighted to attend again if I may, Mike.

Best wishes,

Tony
Old 1st May 2017, 9:48 pm   #57
Michael Maurice

I'd like to attend but may spend the day with customers let's see what happens.

http://www.michaelmauricerepairs.co.uk/
Old 4th May 2017, 8:14 am   #58
Mike Phelan
Dekatron

A very slight change of plan - instead of me going Friday morning, it will be Saturday morning. Mikey, I'll PM you.
Old 4th May 2017, 7:28 pm   #59
julie_m
Dekatron

It's looking unlikely that I am going to be making it down to Solihull after all, since the flood reparation work has taken another twist and I probably will have to be doing something over that weekend.
Old 6th May 2017, 8:57 pm   #60
Mikey405
Octode

Good evening everyone.

With only a week to go until the meetup I thought I ought to post up a few more bits and bobs about the day.

I shall be up and about with bacon and tea / coffee at the ready from about 09:00 in the morning, so feel free to turn up any time after that.

Lunch at The Drum and Monkey will be at about 13:30, so if anyone turns up between then and roughly 14:30 and finds nobody about then we'll probably all be down at the pub filling our faces. The Drum and Monkey is on Four Ashes Road and is only a few minutes walk from the house. (Go to the far end of the road, turn left over the railway bridge onto Four Ashes Road and then walk for about 500 yards.)

There should be a reasonable amount of on-road parking for cars / vans up and down the street and in the cul-de-sac just off my road. If anyone doesn't have the address then just send me a PM and I'll let you know.

One thing that I would ask is that if everyone could please wear some kind of name badge with their forum name / real name then that would be brilliant. It's always embarrassing (for me, anyway) to be standing next to somebody I often speak to on the forum but have no idea who they are because I don't know what they look like or what their real name is.

As usual, there may be far more people than chairs so if people can fit some kind of folding garden chair in their car then it may well help.

And I think that's it - unless anyone can think of anything else.

Thanks everybody, I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Kind regards.

From Mike.