UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Mar 2017, 1:11 pm   #1
cinema1
Tetrode

Default Bremi BRS26. Power supply.

Hello.

I am after the small indicator bulb for the above Bremi BRS26 regulated 13.8V power supply.

Can any one help?

Kind regards, cinema1.
Old 19th Mar 2017, 2:12 pm   #2
Techman
Dekatron

Default Re: Bremi brs26. Power supply.

Most forum members won't have a clue as to what a Bremi BRS26 is unless they were/are involved in the CB radio scene.

As it happens, I've got one on the bench for repair at this very moment, but not opened up and I think you'll find that it isn't a bulb but a standard neon.

As always, you'll need to post a picture of exactly what you need so that members can identify it.
Old 20th Mar 2017, 1:17 pm   #3
Techman
Dekatron

Default Re: Bremi BRS26. Power supply.

I've answered your PM with regards to this power supply lamp. As I said in the PM, I've now looked at the unit and it is in fact a wire ended filament bulb behind a red lens that looked from the outside a bit like neon.

As promised, here is a photo of the 'bulb' as it protrudes through the circuit board and it would seem it's connected across the DC output, so is likely to be 12-14 volt rated and looks to be the same type as used in many CB radio related bits of kit, such as behind the meters and in the RF indicators of valve linear amplifiers etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1100198.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	139558  
Old 24th Mar 2017, 3:34 pm   #4
cinema1
Tetrode

Default Re: Bremi BRS26. Power supply.

Hello, with help from TECHMAN small wire ended bulbs can be obtained from the ebay,
they are sub miniature bulbs range--- 14. 18. 24. 28 volts. The company that sell the bulbs on ebay -----Rich Electronics, They sell in small packs i bought a pack for my bremi brs reg power supply. 14v--80mA.
kind regards.
cinema1.
Closed Thread