UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Mar 2017, 8:50 pm   #1
maxwell
Triode

Default Motorola transistors

I don't normally mess around with these new-fangled transistor things but have been asked to have a look at a faulty Motorola 114 car radio set and from the service manual have identified some strange voltages around the output stage. I thought I would try a replacement substitute of the three output transistors, unfortunately the service manual only gives the Motorola part numbers.
ISTR some time ago another thread (I can't find) mentioned a list of equivalents for these Motorola devices, does some kind member know of any such list please?
Old 19th Mar 2017, 10:44 pm   #2
Nicklyons2
Octode

Default Re: Motorola transistors

If you post the numbers someone may recognise them.
Old 20th Mar 2017, 12:05 am   #3
AC/HL
Dekatron

Service data here: http://www.service-data.com/section.php/4952/1/114

The driver is a P2U and the output pair a P2U and an A6D (Motorola in-house types).
However the preceding two transistors are also DC coupled, a 54D and a 54C.

Some help here: https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ad.php?t=69954
Old 20th Mar 2017, 1:19 am   #4
paulsherwin

As I said in the linked thread, Motorola were particularly fond of house codes. In most cases the transistors are nothing special and you can work out plausible substitutes if you have access to a circuit diagram.
Old 21st Mar 2017, 9:31 pm   #5
maxwell
Triode

Thanks all for your help. Certainly are P2U and A6D types according to the service manual although the devices are not marked as such. I will experiment with some BD133/134 and BD433/434 types as mentioned in the linked thread.

Many thanks.
Closed Thread