UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 28th Jan 2017, 9:33 pm   #1
dagskarlsen
Heptode

Default Landis & Gyr Agifon 50 Help!

Hi, I have got a Landis & Gyr Agifon 50, it is totally dead. I need some help, should it have any power supply? How to program?
How to connect, how to use?

dsk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-01-28 20.04.38.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	136626   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-01-28 19.59.46.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	136627   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-01-28 19.59.12.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	136628   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-01-28 19.58.57.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	136629   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-01-28 19.58.41.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	136630  

Old 29th Jan 2017, 12:55 am   #2
hamid_1
Heptode

Default Re: Landis & Gyr Agifon 50 Help!

This is a pay on answer coin-operated payphone designed to work on standard phone lines. These were found in shopping centres, hospitals etc. for customers / patients to use.

I'm pretty sure it will require a power supply, either batteries or a mains adaptor.

The user instructions were simple. Lift the handset, listen for the dial tone, type the required phone number on the keypad. When the call is answered, insert a coin. The payphone then switches on the microphone in the handset and gives the caller an amount of time to talk, measured in seconds on the display. The exact number of seconds can be programmed by the owner of the payphone. The time allowed depends on the first few digits of the number dialled, from which the payphone identifies the call as local or long-distance.

The microphone is muted until after a coin is inserted, except when a 'free' number is dialled, such as 0800 xxxxxx or 999 (Fire, Police, Ambulance) in the UK. Free calls have no time limit and do not require a coin. Since you are in Norway, your phone may have been programmed with different free to call numbers. Unfortunately I don't have the programming manual
Old 29th Jan 2017, 8:59 pm   #3
dagskarlsen
Heptode

Thank you, the phone is also known under the name Pegasus.
I have tried to put in a new battery, and connect it to a line, but I cant get a sound at all.
dsk
Old 14th Feb 2017, 1:32 pm   #4
cosmocat
Triode

I think these were powered by the phone line, The battery (NiCad ?) was there to hold the programming if the phone line was disconnected.
I think the line power went through a bridge rectifier so line polarity didn't matter. When you have power something should come up on the display.

To program them you remove the case and another button is revealed next to the normal keypad. Push that and you access setup menus on the display but without a manual you will struggle.
Old 14th Feb 2017, 6:50 pm   #5
dagskarlsen
Heptode

Thank you, anybody who may share their manual? Please.

dsk
Closed Thread