UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Feb 2017, 6:27 pm   #1
G4_Pete
Hexode

Default Circuit needed for simple AM Modulation monitor

Hi
During the summer a few of us work our local top band AM net portable home brew. I am looking for a simple stand-alone modulation meter that can be used to get an approximation indication of AM modulation. I have test gear to do this at home but need something simple for field use. Lamp indicators are pretty useless in the sun so will be going for a metered design

There are plenty of circuits on the net but I wondered if anyone had any prefered or proven design. With the addition of some updated components I was leaning towards the one attached Ref AM Phone .
Pete
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AM monitor.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	137707  
Old 16th Feb 2017, 9:09 pm   #2
Biggles
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Circuit needed for simple AM Modulation monitor

Seems like a workable circuit. I would probably redesign it to run off a PP3 or something a bit more obtainable than the 22.5V battery specified. With a bit of careful thought you should be able to work out the different component values, or simply connect two 9 volt batteries in series to run it of course. You could add a small audio amp or headphone amp after the demod so you can actually hear the modulation quality. A worthwhile addition I think.
Alan.
Closed Thread