UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Dec 2016, 8:20 pm   #1
ColinTheAmpMan1
Octode

Default Nomadirect?

Hi,
Has anyone trying to buy stuff from Nomadirect had the same problem as me? I successfully purchased some Noma G1 bulbs, but when I tried to purchase a pack of Alderbrook V4s (A pack of 10 blue bulbs), while getting a confirmatory email and a URL to track the order, I ran into a total blank. I haven't received the bulbs (though the transaction seems to have gone through), the URL no longer works, and the email address to contact (csv@noma.co.uk) is unconnectable.
The Nomadirect website was working, but using that to contact them has also proved impossible.
I have no idea what is going on.

Colin.

Note to Mods; if this is in the wrong area, I apologise. Please move it to the most appropriate place if necessary.
Old 26th Dec 2016, 8:47 pm   #2
evingar
Octode

Default Re: Nomadirect?

If this is the URL, it works fine for me :-

http://www.nomadirect.co.uk/
Old 26th Dec 2016, 9:07 pm   #3
ColinTheAmpMan1
Octode

No, Chris. That URL works for me, too. The URL I was talking about was for following the progress of my order. The email giving me that URL suggested that I should log-in to the Nomadirect website, but for reasons that elude me, it won't recognise my username or password.

If you check out the availability of the V4s, you will see that they are now listed as "discontinued". Perhaps I purchased the last pack and they have lost them somewhere?

The lack of replies has me bothered, but the possible loss of the money doesn't give me Seasonal feelings, either.

Colin.
Old 26th Dec 2016, 9:37 pm   #4
The Philpott
Dekatron

Website maintenance, I imagine, will be non-existent until Weds or Thurs, it may be an issue that will be sorted then.

There are some Woolies V4 6V 600mW spares on ebay-- would they fit? They are not expensive. It doesn't get you your money back, but...just saying.

Royal Mail Xmas eve backlogs can run to a week or more, and if they are in a panic (and they usually are) they prioritise big parcels. A few little jiffy bags with 2nd class postage on may still be in the system. One of mine certainly is!
Old 27th Dec 2016, 2:15 pm   #5
ColinTheAmpMan1
Octode

I am hoping that you are right, but it does seem to have taken them a long time, compared to the G1s I bought from Noma just a few days before. The lack of any acknowledgement is a bother, too.

The lamps on eBay are not the correct ones, though labelled "V4". The ones I want are Alderbrook V4 and are also labelled 99AK177M. They are 2.4 V; 170 mA - E10 screw-in. They were easy to buy last year and are in a large-bulb set from Homebase some time ago and is ok for external use.

Season's Greetings, Colin.
Old 9th Jan 2017, 6:21 pm   #6
ColinTheAmpMan1
Octode

Hi,

I have a resolution at last. I 'phoned Noma and they found my order and confirmed that it should have been sent out before Christmas. They said that Royal Mail had "mislaid" quite a few orders from them and that mine seemed to be one of those. They refunded my money readily.

They also said that these bulbs have been discontinued and were likely to remain so unless some manufacturer decided to make strings using them, but that Noma themselves were unlikely to have them re-manufactured, because they would have to order so many that they wouldn't be able to sell them all.

At least I have my money back and, who knows, Royal Mail might find my parcel and send it to me sometime.

Colin.
Old 9th Jan 2017, 7:31 pm   #7
The Philpott
Dekatron

Mine (from a different seller) never turned up either. Full refund, no quibble. Silly season over now so may try again!
Old 17th Jan 2017, 9:26 pm   #8
McMurdo
Dekatron

our wholesalers were selling new 20 and 40-light alderbrook push-in sets for just over a pound...which also includes 5 spare bulbs in the box. Cheaper than buying just the bulbs!
Old 19th Jan 2017, 9:58 pm   #9
Philips210
Nonode

Hi

Before Christmas, Poundland had a 20 light filament mains sets with either plain or coloured bulbs, for you've guessed it £1! In the new year sale, unsold sets were priced at 25p. I bought a few of these sets for another project.

Regards
Symon.
Old 19th Jan 2017, 10:15 pm   #10
paulsherwin

Those Poundland sets aren't bad at all, though you don't get a lot of connecting wire. I've had a coloured and clear set for three seasons now and haven't had a bulb blow yet.
Closed Thread