UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Forum Announcements and Comments

Notices

Forum Announcements and Comments Announcements about forum changes will be made in this section. All new threads here now require moderator approval.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Aug 2014, 12:45 pm   #21
Nuvistor
Dekatron

By post header do you mean reverting back to the Forum runner screen, I had that until I made it a favourite, it seems to start on this forum OK then. It could always change though, we will see.
Frank
Old 18th Aug 2014, 1:28 pm   #22
paulsherwin

Default Re: Forum Runner - forum access for mobile devices

No, the post title is blank when FR is used to post it. It may be a bug or a configuration issue.

For example, #20 and #22 (posted using a browser) have titles, while #21 (presumably posted using FR) doesn't.
Old 18th Aug 2014, 3:29 pm   #23
Nuvistor
Dekatron

I see what you mean, I had not noticed.
Old 2nd May 2016, 8:27 am   #24
Dazmond
Hexode

I've just installed an Android app called Ez Forum which seems to work quite well, free of charge too - might be worth a look?
Old 24th Nov 2016, 9:38 am   #25
Paul Stenning
Administrator

I have now removed Forum Runner from the website.

I have been receiving a number of database query error emails from Forum Runner code recently. I don't know whether they are hacking attempts or just the result of a bug in the app, but either way they suggest that the code does not have adequate checking for valid input values.

Neither the Forum Runner code or the mobile app have been updated since 2013, so it seems to be no longer actively developed or supported. I have therefore decided that we should no longer be using it here, so it is now removed.

I tried to remove our listing from the Forum Runner directory but that currently gives an error! I have raised a ticket and will try later, but I have low expectations.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Closed Thread