UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 20th Feb 2017, 8:43 pm   #1
Osiris69
Tetrode

Default Watch Receiver for 1/232CB

Hi, picked up this phone at weekend, has a hook for a watch receiver, but missing the receiver, anyone know what model it was? And also if any for sale??
Old 20th Feb 2017, 10:56 pm   #2
russell_w_b
Dekatron

Default Re: Watch Receiver for 1/232CB

I'm going to have to look in the shed now. There's a watch-receiver of sorts with a chrome hook on it and a twin braided flex. Not sure if it consists of a 'Receiver 1L' though.

Watch this space...

Russell W. B.
G4YLI.
Old 20th Feb 2017, 11:48 pm   #3
russell_w_b
Dekatron

This is what I was on about, though looking at it, it doesn't seem to be very 'GPO-ey'. The diaphragm is marked 'Ferrosil No:24' and is made by Richard Thomas and Baldwins.

The bobbins are shunted by the curly wire and the impedance at 1kHz is very, very low: 1.73 + j0.6. It looks, therefore, like it would be wired in series with the main receiver. When I bridged it with my Peak analyser, I could hear the 1kHz tone quite clearly.

I haven't measured the bobbin impedance un-shunted. I doubt this is what you are looking for, but I put it on for interest.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rx_01.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	137953   Click image for larger version

Name:	rx_02.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	137954  

Russell W. B.
G4YLI.
Old 21st Feb 2017, 1:39 am   #4
Osiris69
Tetrode

That's not exactly it, but would do the job, How much? PM me please.
Closed Thread