UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Nov 2017, 6:48 pm   #1
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Alistair Cooke Flog It BBC2 Today

Can't say I'm a regular viewer of "Flog It" itself but some of the historical inserts are quite interesting. Just spotted an item re the famous broadcaster which included an interview with Roy Whitaker who was one of two people that responded to an appeal for copies of the 15 minute programs. He had a boxfull of cassette tapes that amounted to 1000 editions he'd listened to and recorded over the years. A very nice chap in his nineties, known to anyone here?

Dave
Old 3rd Nov 2017, 7:01 pm   #2
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Default Re: Alistair Cooke Flog It BBC2 Today

There was me hoping it might relate to the well-known left-handed opening batsman of the same name...
Old 3rd Nov 2017, 9:53 pm   #3
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.

I'd noticed the similarity namewise myself but after "googly"ing it on the web, I see your man has an 'e' missing. The cricketer I'm really impressed with is a very big Dylan fan [can't recall his name]. The radio journalist himself had more than a passing interest in the game [and jazz] though!

Dave
Old 4th Nov 2017, 9:02 am   #4
barretter
Heptode

That would be Bob Willis.
Closed Thread