UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Nov 2017, 11:39 am   #1
Phil G4SPZ
Dekatron

Default Nombrex model 29-X

Does anyone have circuit information on this model, please? It has eight ranges covering 150kHz to 220MHz, a linear tuning scale like a miniature Eddystone dial with 'flywheel tuning', and adjustable AF frequency and modulation depth.

Any information would be much appreciated. Many thanks,

Phil
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nombrex 29X.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	152280  

Optimist [n]: One who is not in possession of the full facts

Last edited by Phil G4SPZ; 15th Nov 2017 at 11:47 am. Reason: Image added
Old 15th Nov 2017, 12:52 pm   #2
David G4EBT
Dekatron

Default Re: Nombrex model 29-X

Most of he info on the net seems to relate to the 29S, with a circular dial Phil, but hopefully someone will come to your rescue.

If not, as a last resort, Mauritron claim to have the 'Nombrex 29X RF Signal Generator Description and Schematics Circuits' here:

http://mauritron.com/manuals/html/nombrex.html

Good luck in your quest.
Old 15th Nov 2017, 5:31 pm   #3
Phil G4SPZ
Dekatron

Brilliant! Thanks for the link David, I'll order it tonight.

I do have a Nombrex model 31, and the circuit, but the 29X is significantly different.

Old 15th Nov 2017, 6:22 pm   #4
Biggles
Rest in Peace

I have a similar version to yours Phil, but it's not as square in shape. The dial calibration is a bit odd on mine. You can shuffle the whole dial around in relation to the pointer, hence shifting the overall calibration. Mine seems to work well but is rarely used due to having more comprehensive test gear around. I bought it from a rally a few years ago, as it is really compact and I thought it would be good for quickly aligning things like transistor radios on the bench, rather than powering up all my bigger test gear. Mine runs from a single PP3 so is truly portable.
Alan.
Old 15th Nov 2017, 6:50 pm   #5
Phil G4SPZ
Dekatron

Alan, I agree with you, these units are highly portable and very useful for quick checks, although my Nombrex 31 went out of calibration. Probably bouncing around in my mobile spares box didn't help, but it led me a merry dance! Just one capacitor had changed value.

Ron has kindly PM'd me and offered a copy of the service information, so it looks like I'm sorted. Less than 24 hours after asking. What a wonderful Forum this is!

Old 15th Nov 2017, 10:48 pm   #6
Phil G4SPZ
Dekatron

Circuit description and circuit diagram have now arrived by e-mail, thanks to Ron Bryan, so this thread can now be closed. Thanks to everyone for their interest.

Phil

Closed Thread