UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Oct 2017, 3:04 pm   #1
PinzJohn
Retired Dormant Member

Default Clansman 320 with Vehicle Intercom System

Hello Forum

I'm from Austria and I own a Puch Pinzgauer - an military offroad vehicle which is extreme noisy when driving over 35mph.
Therefore I am going to buy an Clansman intercom system.

I am still not quite sure yet which in detail and maybe someone here knows which would fit best. and which "boxes" I need in addition to run it with an 320 radio

But my main question is what I would need to connect the Clansman 320 radio - which seems very interesting to me and which I would like to buy too - to the vehicle harness system.

I wish for something like that I can "steady" talk to my codrivers and to switch a button to talk to the Radio - but "hear" both of them at the same time (I heared its possible due to 2 seperated mics in the headsets)

I am aware that I need at least the DCCU, the battery and some kind of antenna.

Hope someone can help me

Cheers from Austria
Old 30th Oct 2017, 12:23 pm   #2
G8BBZ
Pentode

Default Re: Clansman 320 with Vehicle Intercom System

Hi,
As a starting point you may find some useful information at www.armyradio.com/Clansman-Intercom-Kit/
Hope this helps.
cheers
Peter G8BBZ
Old 30th Oct 2017, 1:02 pm   #3
VT FUSE
Hexode

Think the fit you will need is Clansman VRC353 which allows for connection of audio boxes etc for intercom use at the crew positions and even external in case of tanks.

The PRC320 is an HF manpack.
The website that you have been referred to does give a level of info.
Maybe a search on the net for VRC353 will be helpful.

The two separate mic's are back to back but this is to give noise cancelling attribute,not what it would seem you have been led to believe.
I presume that you are holder of an appropriate amateur radio licence and that operating these radios would be covered by such as is the case in uk
but only on certain bands then, ie 6m and 4m in case of '353 radio.

Last edited by VT FUSE; 30th Oct 2017 at 1:08 pm.
Old 30th Oct 2017, 1:23 pm   #4
ex seismic
Heptode

Simplest setup is what I have in my Ferret. An IB3 box (3 radios plus intercom amplifier) with two crew boxes. Using two crew boxes allows each crew member to set his own volume control. The IB3 is simpler and more common than the IB2, and lets you directly connect two radios to it. The third radio needs extra cables and the crew boxes only allow for two radios anyway.
I also have radios connected in but obviously not needed just for intercom.

Gordon
Closed Thread