UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 21st May 2017, 10:11 pm   #1
MrBungle
Dekatron

Default Identifying Philips inductor part number / inductance

My PM2524 DMM just blew up. I've traced the problem to a series of events which resulted in the switching power supply blowing up from over-voltage. I've managed to replace the linear regulator and switching transistors which had been smoked by overvoltage.

Unfortunately there is a burned inductor which was the weakest link and stopped the whole house of cards coming down. This is Philips part 5322 158 10052.

Has anyone got any idea how to identify what this part is or a master parts list?

There's nothing left of it to identify unfortunately.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	143025  
Old 22nd May 2017, 1:20 pm   #2
MrBungle
Dekatron

Default Re: Identifying Philips inductor part number / inductance

Solved it.

I put my hand in the junk box and pulled the first inductor I found out which was a 47uH axial one. Stuck it in and it works.

On a side note, the PM2524 is the most horrible meter I've ever had to try and break in to. Totally impossible to dismantle.
Closed Thread