UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 29th May 2017, 7:21 pm   #21
AidanLunn
Heptode

Default Re: Bush TV75 low brightness

If it's needed, I have an *UNTESTED* Mullard AW43-80 that I ripped out of a McMichael "picture frame" TV that really was only otherwise fit for scrap. I have no sets that can take such a tube (all my 405 sets are either 70 or 110 degree) and at the moment I don't have a CRT tester.

The only problem would be how to get it down from Sheffield to Portsmouth if you need it.
Old 31st May 2017, 9:42 pm   #22
matspar
Pentode

Thanks Aiden I will keep this in mind (and a road trip to Sheffield!) if mine doesn't last. So far it has behaved itself.

Matt
Old 1st Jun 2017, 7:45 am   #23
regentone001
Heptode

well done on the restoration. I always liked the TV75 and the push button version TV85? a mate and I had a TV75 in the early 70s we got it working put it back in the cabinet and it wouldn't work,took it out again and it worked back in and it wouldn't. We tried twisting the chassis and knocking it but nothing would bring on the fault so in the end we threw away the cabinet and just had the chassis sitting on a shelf.
Steve
Old 1st Jun 2017, 9:27 am   #24
Boater Sam
Banned

Location: Middlewich, Cheshire, UK. & Winter in the Philippines.

Nice, very pretty to look at sat on the shelf! Are TV75s the original shabby chic?
Claustrophobic set?
Old 1st Jun 2017, 9:38 am   #25
Peter.N.
Dekatron

Shabby chic? I used to sell them new. I have a couple of CRTs in the loft of my garage, one 14" and a 17" they look like electrostatic Mullards but have no labels on them, if anyone wants them they are welcome to collect.

Peter
Closed Thread