UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Apr 2017, 11:00 am   #1
eddie_ce
Hexode

Default Dulwich Museum - 2nd attempt

Hi all,

in March I posted on this forum a query as to arranging a visit to the British Vintage Wireless and TV museum on the first weekend in May. I did so here as I am sure there are members connected with the museum on this forum.

Following advice, I wrote on 12th March to the museum asking if I could arrange a visit. In my letter I included my mobile number, EMail and postal address and my user name on this forum.

Unfortunately, to date I have heard nothing. I really would like to visit the museum and in doing so donate to museum funds - and I have to say I am rather surprised about the lack of communication.

Does anyone have any further suggestions before I give up on the idea of a visit completely? And yes, I do realise that the museum is run by volunteers giving up their free time
Old 26th Apr 2017, 12:13 pm   #2
crackle
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Dulwich Museum - 2nd attempt

I have telephoned them left a message and received a call back. The telephone number is on their website. http://bvwm.org.uk/contact/index.htm

Mike
Old 26th Apr 2017, 1:20 pm   #3
eddie_ce
Hexode

Mike, I omitted to say that that was my very first method of contact. I left my number on an answer machine. After not hearing anything for a while, I decided to ask here because I thought somebody connected with the museum reading here might be able to help.

Last edited by eddie_ce; 26th Apr 2017 at 1:21 pm. Reason: clarified post
Old 26th Apr 2017, 6:52 pm   #4
crackle
Rest in Peace

Eddie I have sent you a PM with some alternative contact details.

Mike
Old 26th Apr 2017, 7:09 pm   #5
eddie_ce
Hexode

Mike,

many thanks. I have just replied to your PM.

Eddie
Old 26th Apr 2017, 7:55 pm   #6
stevehertz
Dekatron

If all this rings true (not that I'm doubting the OP!), it is indeed a sad situation. Communication is a relatively low cost thing; an email, quick advisory phone call, whatever. No excuses Gerry would be well displeased, his was a true 'open house' to anyone interested in vintage wireless, embracing audio and TV. I hope it's a glitch and that 'normal service' is soon resumed.
Old 8th May 2017, 9:14 am   #7
eddie_ce
Hexode

Happy ending. I was able to visit the museum last Saturday after a forum member kindly sent me contact details for John Thompson. A very enjoyable and worthwhile visit. Many thanks go to Eileen for showing me around and to John for making it happen. Mods please feel free to close this thread.

Last edited by eddie_ce; 8th May 2017 at 9:17 am. Reason: correction
Closed Thread