UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd May 2017, 11:02 am   #21
ben
Dekatron

Default Re: Ex BBC Tape from Pebble Mill. Mr Benn.

I'd go with the vimeo or digitize and upload to a file sharing service like mediafire or dropbox. Youtube sounds like too much hassle for something as trivial as this!
Old 22nd May 2017, 12:17 pm   #22
Grubhead
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ombieboy View Post
who would i contact tho i dont have info on q24 who own the copyright
The best way to find address and information about copyright is the Writers & Artists Yearbooks, which come out every year. They have lists of the TV companies etc. You don't need to buy one as they are available at your local reference library, ask the staff for help. I find the best book to get is the Writers Handbook, as opposed to the other as it gives you more information. There might be also more specific books of contacts related to TV and Film, again the Library staff will be helpful with that.
You can check out the information relating to copyright laws on the web. It will explain terms like "fair use".
But always say that it is NOT for profit and you are not making any money or covering costs in any contact. Also state if the want a credit including.
Old 22nd May 2017, 12:26 pm   #23
Grubhead
Heptode

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ombieboy View Post
question what about a closed account on vimio where only people with the link can see or even find the videos all run threw my patron site? its not linked to my youtube and its not detectable to the web just for my subscribers and friends.
Though copyright material should always be cleared first. I think that you could show the material on a closed off to the public site. Your friends would be fine, they are not likely to report you for a copyright breach! I'm not certain on "subscribers" since they could be anyone. But if you trust them, then you can take that risk.
The thing to be careful of if any of the clips contain commercial music, such as a pop song etc. That's were the problems can start.
Old 23rd May 2017, 5:12 pm   #24
2ombieboy
Pentode

Most of the stuff is music free. and the top of the pops i will edit them in to indervidual songs and upload them to youtube and let the guys monitize them then any that get blocked just remove them. i did this with a roxy show i had. vimio seems to be the way to go for the other stuff

Alan
Old 27th May 2017, 2:45 pm   #25
2ombieboy
Pentode

For any of you interested this is now on my patreon.com page along with other lost episodes of tv.

Alan

https://www.patreon.com/2ombieboy
Closed Thread