UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets and Parts Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets and Parts Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Sep 2023, 7:30 pm   #21
Robert Gribnau
Banned

Default Re: Philips Valves for Audio Frequency Amplifiers Book

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellertcp View Post
When looking for rare books, don't faff around with google, the best bet is to enter the details into www.bookfinder.com
If I'm not mistaken, the site you suggest only shows books that are for sale. If so, it seems wise to me to first 'faff around with google", or any other search engine, to be sure that the wanted book is not on the web to download for free. Only after such a search turns up nothing, a site like you suggested could be useful.

Does the site you suggest show all the books that are for sale at a given moment, no matter who wants to sell them? Could you please elaborate on that?

As a test I entered a couple of titles/authors in the search box on the site you suggested but the results the site turned up with were so few that I have my doubts about its range/completeness.
Old 24th Sep 2023, 7:33 pm   #22
simpsons
Octode

Just a thought, "Mullard Circuits for Audio Amplifiers" is in English and can be downloaded at no cost from Primary Windings.

There are over 100 pages, comprehensive circuits and chassis layout for preamps, main amplifiers and power supplies with a graphical display of response curves. Circuit explanations etc.

It doesn't include the valve characteristics but they are available elsewhere.

Chris
Old 24th Sep 2023, 11:29 pm   #23
Wellertcp
Tetrode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Gribnau View Post
If I'm not mistaken, the site you suggest only shows books that are for sale. If so, it seems wise to me to first 'faff around with google", or any other search engine, to be sure that the wanted book is not on the web to download for free. Only after such a search turns up nothing, a site like you suggested could be useful.
Wind your neck in. I was just trying to help.

As, from reading the posts prior to mine, it appeared to be the case that the book isn't available for downloading; and as others have posted links to purchase a hardcopy of the book from, I was just trying to help by posting a link to a site I had found useful in the past for comparing sources of books.
Quote:
Does the site you suggest show all the books that are for sale at a given moment, no matter who wants to sell them?
I've no idea, as I have said, it is a site I, and millions of others have found useful. Do your own research.
Quote:
Could you please elaborate on that?
I'm not required to.
Quote:
As a test I entered a couple of titles/authors in the search box on the site you suggested but the results the site turned up with were so few that I have my doubts about its range/completeness.
You are, ofcourse free to do as you please, and draw your own conclusions. I was only trying to help, I won’t bother in the future.
Old 25th Sep 2023, 8:14 am   #24
Station X

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpegjohn View Post
Hi,
Has anyone got a scanned copy of this book?
Or a link to where I might find one.

Best regards,
John
A link was given in post #11.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Rodenhuis - HiFi Circuits.pdf (1.49 MB, 30 views)

Reach for your meter before you reach for your soldering iron.
Old 25th Sep 2023, 2:14 pm   #25
Jez1234
Banned

I believe there are two different books, although with some crossover in content.
Old 26th Sep 2023, 9:57 am   #26
woodchips
Octode

Thank you for the link to the Philips amplifier book.
Old 26th Sep 2023, 1:23 pm   #27
TonyDuell
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez1234 View Post
I believe there are two different books, although with some crossover in content.
I don't read Dutch at all, but the circuits in the Dutch book, and the valves used in them, are not the same as those in the English book. Some of the circuits in the latter seem very familiar
Closed Thread