UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Jan 2017, 10:45 pm   #41
McMurdo
Dekatron

Default Re: Tussles with a HMV portable (BRC 1591 chassis) Help required!

Nice looking set these, the woodgrain (Gerry Wells used to comment on that!) being very much of its time. I like the sturdy handle that is necessary to lug one about. I've got the same one in a shed somewhere, it worked when I got it with a rather dull tube but after a day or so the picture disappeared to a blank raster. Probably a lockfit gone too, I didnt fix it. These lockfits seem to hate being woken up, sometimes several failing in the same evening's viewing. I've got a 6845 with similar issues and my first 1500 repair involved a couple, both in the video amp.
Fixing tellys is a dying trade, as our old TV man told me in the 80's.
Old 17th Jan 2017, 11:28 pm   #42
Nicklyons2
Octode

Default Re: Tussles with a HMV portable (BRC 1591 chassis) Help required!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AidanLunn View Post
Great result Jan and this will help with my Ultra-branded 1591, which seems to have similar symptoms except the LOPT is suspect in my case
Aidan, you'll be very unlucky if the LOPT is duff on one of these; make sure the eht 'stick' isn't breaking down and, if it's an early one with the Germanium Line O/P transistor, that isn't half working but very leaky.
Closed Thread