UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 13th Jan 2017, 12:04 am   #1
els1967
Pentode

Default GPO Dial

Evening all. In some over enthusiastic restoration of a dial I managed to crush and shatter the little tube that is used as an insulator to jumper out speech ctt. on the phone on the dial contacts. I've put a circle around it in my picture.

Does anyone know what an earth it's called and where I get a replacement? I presume it's simply some sort of plastic tube I could cut to length? Or something?

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0267.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	135831  
Old 13th Jan 2017, 5:10 pm   #2
Electric
Diode

Default Re: GPO Dial

Might sound a bit naff, but in the past I have used a bit of stripped wire sheathing cut to length in desperation.
Hope this Heath Robinsoness helps.
Old 13th Jan 2017, 7:39 pm   #3
Euros1951
Triode

Switching lever buffer. Does this link help?

http://www.britishtelephones.com/tel%20auto%20b5125.htm
Old 14th Jan 2017, 1:26 pm   #4
els1967
Pentode

Thanks for the tips.

Just seems a bit odd to me that there isn't any info in the n-diagrams since the GPO seemed to be so good at documenting just about anything that moved.
Old 14th Jan 2017, 6:28 pm   #5
Pellseinydd
Heptode

'N' diagrams are the circuit diagrams of subscribers apparatus and ways of connecting it up. Adjustments and breakdown of components was always in TI's originally, then in EI's from c1930 then back to TI's c1969/70.
Closed Thread