UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 28th Dec 2016, 5:28 pm   #1
johnmarshmanagain
Pentode

Default ITT/KB 70's b/w TV and Pye radio in Northampton

Seen in the Vintage Retreat in Northampton town centre NN1 2JL. 19", most likely a transistor model, with same style channel buttons as you see on the Thorns, very good cosmetically, the usual plastic veneer of course, £30
There's also a Pye multiband PE80 for £28, also in good condition. Good loud sets those!
Old 28th Dec 2016, 11:10 pm   #2
Nicklyons2
Octode

Default Re: ITT/KB 70's b/w TV and Pye radio in Northampton

I know of no trasistorised 19" ITT/KB B/W set: I thought the last 19" ones would be VC51 series chassis (dual std) these were very valve. They were followed by the single std (derived) version by which time 20" (& 24") had arrived - the VC100. PCBs and more transistors were still a way away and, I'm almost certain, only available in 20" & 24".
Old 29th Dec 2016, 5:02 pm   #3
Heatercathodeshort
Dekatron

Yes the VC200 hybrid chassis. Did ITT/KB ever produce a large screen mono all transistor chassis? I don't think they did J.
Old 29th Dec 2016, 10:15 pm   #4
The teleman
Pentode

No is the only answer . Having been an ITT/KB dealer for many years I never came across
a solid state mono set only in the 12 inch portable
The VC200 was the last large screen mono chassis produced.

Chris
Closed Thread