UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Jan 2017, 3:44 pm   #1
Steve Erskine
Retired Dormant Member

Default Refitting the platter mat

Hi, I have a Dansette Prince, and having read previous threads, I have removed the turntable and regressed the cam, bearing spindle etc.
All has appeared to go well, but frustratingly, I am unable to refit the platter mat which is vinyl / rubber with 6 lugs.
Is there a knack to it?
Many thanks
Stephen
Old 16th Jan 2017, 5:35 pm   #2
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: Refitting the platter mat

Very easy, just put a bit of Lube or Washing Up liquid on the rubber projections so that they push through. Make sure the lug flaps "lap over" in the inside.
Old 16th Jan 2017, 8:13 pm   #3
Steve Erskine
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Refitting the platter mat

Hi Edward,
Thanks for the quick response.
I am staggered how easy it was.
Had I not removed it myself, I would have sworn blind that it was the wrong part!
Best wishes
Stephen.
Closed Thread