UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Jan 2017, 7:52 pm   #21
MonochromeMarc
Pentode

Default Re: PYE D18T Restoration - Recent Antique Fair find

What a tastily good idea Mikey, I'll remember that when I start on my Pye set

Marc.
Old 11th Jan 2017, 6:12 pm   #22
Atlantic 52
Pentode

Many thanks for the suggestion Mikey, a great way to fix it! But, as you suggest, I will leave as is as its been done so well and looks fine.
Best regards,
George
Old 11th Jan 2017, 10:24 pm   #23
brianc
Rest in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERNSEH View Post
What do the pre war EF50 pentodes in the 12C look like? We know that the very first examples of this valve had those hooked pins. Also, I believe the early EF50 had a metalised coating instead of the usual metal screening can.
They were normal straight-pinned, red painted EF50s installed when I received it and the holders looked like absolutely standard SRBP types, Dave. I can only assume that the hooked pin types were limited to the first production prototypes and not sent to manufacturers - or??

I have not heard of the metallised versions before - presumably, it was a lot cheaper to do for research work that pressing metal cans.
Closed Thread