UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Dec 2016, 7:42 pm   #1
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default The Meow Show BBC Radio 4Xtra

This is a three hour special presented by Ed Reardon and his cat "Elgar"which is repeated at 7pm. Some of the cat content is somewhat vintage. For those not in the know, it's title is a pun on Radio 4's Now Show. Ed Reardon is the fictional lead in "Ed Reardon's Week" [also R4] a "hack" who struggles to survive in the modern modern world. He has retro views and the sort of personality that doesn't suffer fools gladly, often attributed to males of a certain age I'm told-surely not me? His one friend is the cat but Elgar, like himself, actually appears to be just fixated on the next meal

I've often wondered about the apparent Forum fascination with [probably] indifferent felines but it's certainly something of a fixture. Pet ownership in the UK is 54% twice that of most other European countries. That may tell us something perhaps Listening to 4Xtra I thought this is definitely one for the vintage radio/cat community. I looked at the Forum before posting just now and the first thing I saw in the "Dress up up your radio for Xmas" thread was "it won't be the same without a cat"

Merry Xmas,
Dave

Last edited by dave walsh; 24th Dec 2016 at 7:48 pm.
Closed Thread