UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Success Stories

Notices

Success Stories If you have successfully repaired or restored a piece of equipment, why not write up what you did and post details here. Particularly if it was interesting, unusual or challenging. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 21st Dec 2016, 5:52 pm   #1
llama
Octode

Default Quad 33 tape adapter

Success or stupid? - well I wouldn't bother again!

During a series of house moves the plug-in boards in the back of said pre-amp were removed and, so far, remain unfound.

I found a piece of prototyping board and cut it down to size, populated it with the correct components and wired it underneath. It took much much longer than expected but it only cost time and resulted in the pre-amp getting back into service.

What it threw up is that different issue numbers of the adapter board had some component differences and the circuit diagram I initially downloaded was wrong compared with the adapter board I was copying from another 33. So I've scanned my circuit diagram and will post that for discussion in Audio.

Meanwhile, the picture shows what I ended up with.
Graham
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	QTA-BothSides.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	134742  
Old 21st Dec 2016, 7:44 pm   #2
Craig Sawyers
Dekatron

Default Re: Quad 33 tape adapter

You can buy one from dada for Euro 20 http://www.dadaelectronics.eu/shop/q...-adapter-board

Craig
Old 21st Dec 2016, 8:35 pm   #3
llama
Octode

Good tip.
Graham
Old 19th Jan 2017, 10:38 pm   #4
bill knox
Hexode

Hi All
I am building a Mullard 5-10 amplifier and will be mating it with a Quad QC11 preamp, what I need is ( and I don't mind version it is ) the little 9 pin Equalisation plug that fits into the back, it's basically a B9A valve base, but of course is made of Paxolin or similar.
It won't matter if its a stereo or Mono one as I will just rewire it

If anyone has one that they wish to sell could they let me know

Many thanks

Bill
Closed Thread