UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 16th Dec 2016, 10:05 pm   #1
Oldcodger
Nonode

Default Somewhere overlooked ?

from an idea on another post- latest idea in the recycling world is at what used to be local TIP, now rebranded as "recycling centres". Most places now have a shop selling what they consider is useable stuff at low prices. Mate who works in one of these places tells me that they see a lot of new, boxed products .I've noticed a few older PC towers,but to me they're old- to another member they could be a lost treasure.
Old 16th Dec 2016, 10:28 pm   #2
dseymo1
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Somewhere overlooked ?

We've been here a few times before!
Great places where real recycling is allowed, but many refuse to release items to a new user for love or money.
Old 16th Dec 2016, 10:51 pm   #3
Oldcodger
Nonode

I'd suggest the Yorkshire creed is infecting the new breed of recycling firms ="where there's muck, there's brass. lad".
But, in all of these places, it's not what you know,but WHO you know.
Love- you've got be have a mate ( or closer ) in one of these places to get stuff for nowt, but money- I'd suspect stuff "sold/etc" cash still goes into the pot for monthly or Xmas payout.
Old 16th Dec 2016, 11:05 pm   #4
Brian R Pateman
Nonode

Quote:
Originally Posted by dseymo1 View Post
We've been here a few times before!
Indeed we have, and as a rule it is a discussion which causes much heated discussion.

This section is to draw people's attention to particular sources of things and perhaps we have done that already with this thread.