UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Offered

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Offered If you offer repair or restoration services please post a thread here.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Dec 2013, 4:23 pm   #1
Skywave
Dekatron

Default Electronic equipment repairs, Somerset

Name: Alan Hall
Forum name: Skywave.

I repair Radio Communications Receivers: typically Eddystone, Heathkit, Racal, Marconi & Japanese kit, etc.
I also repair electronic test equipment: typically British, USA & Japanese kit; occasionally others.
Extensive workshop facilities available.
45 years of experience in repairing a wide range of electronics equipment.
Free non-obligatory estimates provided after an initial examination.
Local collection & return delivery is available, but generally I require you to make suitable transport arrangements.

I provide this service as a private individual, not as a company.

All enquiries by PM or e-mail, please.

Thank you.

Al. / Skywave.
Old 20th Dec 2014, 11:27 am   #2
Skywave
Dekatron

Arrow Temporary suspension of service.

This post is to record that that service is being temporarily withdrawn, on account of imminent home relocation from Evesham, Worcestershire to South Somerset. It is anticipated that during March - April 2015, normal service will be resumed.

I will make an appropriate post here when that restoration of service is complete. Finally, my thanks go to all those who have used my facilities.

Al. / Dec. 20, 2014.
Old 28th Feb 2015, 6:45 pm   #3
Skywave
Dekatron

Arrow Communications radios and Test equipment repairs - by Skywave.

Communications radios and Test equipment repairs

This post in an interim update: relocation from Evesham, Worcestershire to Chard, South Somerset.

The Day of the Move was, overall, successful. The only problem was with the removal company: some items were severely damaged - fortunately, not my radio / electronics stuff!

The new home: despite doing all the usual and careful research prior to crossing the Rubicon, a disproportionate number of 'things requiring attention' have - and continue to - come to light. These are being addressed, but the necessary work has introduced a delay in my estimated date for the "Normal Service to be resumed". The new workshop is well on its way: equipment and stock which is presently in remote storage should be recovered shortly and re-installed soon after.

To conclude: the revised and estimated date for the 'Normal Service' is now middle of April, 2015 (approx.) My apologies to anyone thus inconvenienced. The only consolation I can offer is that the new 'shop will have substantially improved facilities which should benefit all.

Al. / Skywave / February 28, 2015 //
Old 23rd Jun 2015, 10:46 pm   #4
AC/HL

Default Re: Communications radios and Test equipment repairs

Alan is not able to update the thread due to a known Bug in the Forum software affecting only this Forum section, but he reports that normal service has now been resumed.
Old 27th Jul 2015, 12:03 pm   #5
Skywave
Dekatron

Arrow Electronic equipment repairs, Somerset

I am now expanding this facility to include all electronic equipment, generally. With such a wide coverage, there will be some items for which I do not have the necessary experience or spare parts, but all interested readers of this thread are cordially invited to make appropriate enquires in the first instance: all enquires by P.M. (Personal Messages facility at this forum), please.

All conditions of service remain the same as my original thread, re: a Repair Service for Communications Receivers and Test Equipment, q.v.

Important note.
This Repair Service does not constitute a 'business'. It operates on the basis of a hobby with a small return to cover operating expenses, e.g. electricity, heating, room and equipment maintenance and similar overheads.

Al. / Skywave / July 27, 2015
Old 1st Dec 2016, 4:04 pm   #6
Skywave
Dekatron

Arrow Termination of my repair service

Name: Alan Hall
Forum name: Skywave.
Date: December 1, 2016

In this section, I have a thread offering a repair service.
For a variety of reasons, it is now necessary to terminate that facility.
Any current guarantees in force will be honoured.
Finally, my thanks to those members who have used my repair facilities in the past.

Note: Moderating team & administrators.
I will leave you to decide if my original 'offer' post should now be deleted, along with this notifying post, or whether to let this post remain. Thanks.

Al. / Skywave.