UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Success Stories

Notices

Success Stories If you have successfully repaired or restored a piece of equipment, why not write up what you did and post details here. Particularly if it was interesting, unusual or challenging. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 30th Nov 2016, 7:49 pm   #1
samjmann
Heptode

Default Beocentre 9500

I rarely see these units, this one came my way with a broken drive cord for the CD drive cover. I've only ever looked at one of these before, and that had the same fault. After a very careful re-string of the drive system for both upper and lower sides of the cover, it all worked. You can use the cassette deck cover as a pattern for the drive cord threading. It really is a horrid job, the service manual was very little help!

Why possessed B&O to use a drive cord rather than a threaded drive, as a CD laser sled does I do not know. After all it can't be cost on these units!

The CD laser was still OK, not bad for a unit that's 30 odd years old!

SJM
Old 30th Nov 2016, 8:10 pm   #2
hans
Heptode

Default Re: Beocentre 9500

I just got an unit like this. It had a problem with the 5v supply which I now think is ok, but I still have a lot of dry joints to take care of.

The glass pieces came off, but luckily they didn't break.
Closed Thread