UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Nov 2016, 8:01 pm   #1
fulham54
Diode

Default Goblin Teasmade 835 De Luxe

Hello
I have a noisy teasmade clock which ticks loudly and makes humming noise whereas before was quiet. I'm happy to try a small drop of sewing machine oil to reduce any friction but wanted some advice as where to apply it without dismantling the clock. Can this be dropped through small hole in the metal plate(brass coloured) attached to clock motor or do I need to unscrew this and oil from there.
I have tried to attach photo to allow you to highlight where to apply the drop of oil but struggling to attach on this phone.
Thanks for any advice.
Old 11th Nov 2016, 9:35 am   #2
Mike Phelan
Dekatron

Default Re: Goblin Teasmade 835 De Luxe

Hi,

The noisy 835 clock can be because of the plastic worm. A small drop of oil will do no harm but it's often because of wear.
You'll need to dismantle it as far as where you can see the mechanism; where the plate mentioned is.

The 835 clock motor is its weakest point as it isn't quite robust enough to cope with years of use.
Old 11th Nov 2016, 6:31 pm   #3
fulham54
Diode

Default Re: Goblin Teasmade 835 De Luxe

Thank you Mike. Helpful as always. Will try that.
Closed Thread