UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here)

Notices

Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here) If you have any useful general hints and tips for vintage technology repair and restoration, please share them here. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 6th Sep 2016, 10:52 am   #1
Goldieoldie
Octode

Default 90 and 1.5 volt connectors

Hi
I hope this might be useful to others
I wanted to power my collection of valve portables using a battery eliminator
Problem I had was how to connect it easily
Ideally I wanted to source a couple of old batteries to get the female connectors out of them .to date I have not sourced any
So I have used the red bullett connectors as used on cars
It fits perfectly the large terminal on the LT connector but too large for the others .With I bit of modification I manages to fold over the connector so it's a nice snug fit on the pins with plenty of sprung to grip
You could of course use the same principle for other round pins such as speaker connections etc
Just need to mark the neg and away we go
The insulation is pretty thick but if you want piece of mind you could always wrap insulation tape around the red plastic
Cheers Pete
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	129698  
Old 6th Sep 2016, 12:44 pm   #2
Goldieoldie
Octode

Default Re: 90 and 1.5 volt connectors

Finished !