UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Old 17th Mar 2024, 3:09 am   #21
Chris55000
Nonode

Default Re: Telequipment D1011 scope

. . .I've still not come across my incomplete T.Q. one yet despite a lot of searching!

. . .I've got to confess I haven't come across a CRT fault where deflection plates ended up shorting across internally, without there also being more major damage that would be obvious upon inspection!

. . .The D14–250 is a mono–accelerator CRT so there will be no internal spiral p.d.a. to obscure where the deflection plates are, and it is a B14G base with all pins brought out to the rear – pins 4 and 6 are the X–plates, pin 6 is X1 and pin 4 is X2!

Have you checked across the tube pins themselves with the base connector removed from the tube in case there's a short in the wiring?

D14–250 etc., pinout :–

1 :– h
2 :– i.c.
3 :– G1
4 :– X2
5 :– i.c.
6 :– X1
7 :– K
8 :– G3 (focus anode)
9 :– G2, G4 and I.P.S.
10 :– Y1
11 :– i.c.
12 :– Y2
13 :– n.c.
14 :– h

. . .I've got a few Oscilloscope Remains with that 14 pin type of CRT but they're all of the PDA type, so wouldn't go in your T Q.!

. . .I would remove your CRT and examine it very carefully at its base end – there is no e.h.t. cap or side–pins to worry about!

Chris Williams

PS!

An LCD conversion isn't really a practical proposition for this type of Oscilloscope!
Old 18th Mar 2024, 11:28 am   #22
Diabolical Artificer
Dekatron

Is the CRT round or rectangular faced? I might have something. Andy.
Old 18th Mar 2024, 2:50 pm   #23
Diabolical Artificer
Dekatron

Dug a CRT out of a Crotech 3132 scope. It's not a Mullard & it doesn't have a makers ID only "Type ~ C5S74P31B" It's 12 1/2" long, 5" round display. Base is 14 pin.

If that ones no good I do have some older Mullard TQ CRT's but these are out of valved scopes.

Andy.
Old 19th Mar 2024, 8:36 pm   #24
Chris55000
Nonode

. . .Another tip you can try :–

. . .Try charging up an electrolytic capacitor of about 100–200 microfarads (e.g., smoothing can from an old valve TV chassis) to about 100 to 200 V and see if you can "flash out" the particles, etc., that may have lodged between the CRT pns – a low–resistance short will produce a very large spark but as the shorting particles burn away the spark will diminish in intensity and eventually disappear, at which point you will have cleared the short!

Try across pins 4 and 6 first, then link 4 and 6 together and "flashing" between 4+6 and 9!

Chris Williams