UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Sep 2017, 1:49 am   #41
majoconz
Heptode

Default Re: Radio shops in Tottenham Court road.

Here's a pic of my Dad and me playing with an R1475 bought from Proops - must be somewhere around 1956 as I have another dated pic of me in the same sweater! ISTR it was £10 and arrived at our home in Essex in a tea chest filled with 'wood wool' - then had a long task getting all the shavings out of the greasy gears! Sold it when I emigrated in 1974 for £35!

I went to Tech College in Barking in the 60's and when ever the opportunity arose it was up to Totty Ct Road - I think Lisle Street had a couple of radio shops too - and other forms of entertainment, fortunately not open in the afternoon otherwise a young lad could be led astray!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	R1475 Martin & Dad sml.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	178.9 KB
ID:	149560  
Old 17th Sep 2017, 8:32 am   #42
Viewmaster
Hexode

Default Re: Radio shops in Tottenham Court road.

Henry's Radio are still in business after all these years ! With a tarted up company name though.
Last of the many. :-(

http://www.henrys.co.uk/
Closed Thread