UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Computers

Notices

Vintage Computers Any vintage computer systems, calculators, video games etc., but with an emphasis on 1980s and earlier equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 13th Jul 2017, 1:11 pm   #1
Mad Mal
Tetrode

Default Hand held LCD games

Was in the attic and found this item. I'm not sure what era it's from, but it is unopened!!!. (See pics). Just wondered if it was collectable or not. Some of these hand held LCD games are exceptionally rare, I doubt that this one is, but you never know! Anyway, just thought I'd put up the pics for your enjoyment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000120.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	146131   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000121.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	146132   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000123.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	146133  
Old 13th Jul 2017, 1:47 pm   #2
Records
Hexode

Default Re: Hand held

I wonder if its an official licensed product as street fighter is Sega.
It probably would be worth something to a collector, retro gaming has a big following right now.
Old 14th Jul 2017, 3:51 am   #3
jay_oldstuff
Octode

Default Re: Hand held LCD games

That probably dates from the late 90's early 2000's not very saught after yet by the collectors as by that time most where unlicensed knockoffs coming out of China. The ones that are collectable are the Nintendo ones from the early/mid 80's I've seen some go for silly money on online auctions.

Jay
Old 14th Jul 2017, 1:25 pm   #4
Mad Mal
Tetrode

It's Made in China, so probably a knock off. But I have no Idea why it is still sealed or for that matter where it came from. None of the family or relatives know either. So this is a mystery find. It might be a one for collectors as a pristine example of a cheap knockoff... But that said I wouldn't know what to ask for it. I'm actually thinking of seeing just what the carriage costs would be and putting it up for auction on e-Bay for a lark. I know of one collector that collects Fake/copy/replica Watches., but only models he already has the originals of... Some of the newer Breitlings coming out of China are remarkably good quality and a really good practical, functional watches. Some of the early ones failed fairly quickly. I'll do a bit more research on this HAnd Held... You never know!
Old 14th Jul 2017, 5:33 pm   #5
electronicskip
Nonode

I have a few game and watch nintendo handhelds along with a couple of tomytronic ones, those are generally the more sought after ones esp the game n watch ones.
Old 14th Jul 2017, 9:25 pm   #6
Maarten
Dekatron

In any case, the CE label dates it to mid 1990s or later (introduction following a 1992 agreement).
Closed Thread