UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Old 28th Mar 2024, 6:28 pm   #1
Martin Rumsam
Diode

Default Very old RA1772

Thought you may be interested to see this particular RA1772 Serial No. 009.
A very early, possibly development model, which I've recently acquired through an ex Racal colleague. Note the non standard front panel markings for AFC and BFO.

It came to me with the AFC lamp replaced by a tuning pot linked to the AFC 7MHz VCO and I'm currently in the process of restoring it's AFC functionality as it doesn't yet work. Probably needs re-aligning. The AFC lamp has been put back in and wiring 'fixed'. Also had a good clean up and PSU smoothing caps replaced.

It's working remarkably well considering it's age although I did have to replace the frequency standard which died soon after acquiring it (thank you ebay).

As it's such an early model there are a lot of discrepancies between the service manual PCB layouts and what's installed so fault finding is a challenge.

Thanks for reading.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1757.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	295532  
Martin Rumsam is offline   Reply With Quote