Thread: Bush TV22 Mk 1
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2017, 11:56 am   #46
KeithsTV
Nonode

Default Re: Bush TV22 Mk 1

Do you know which region this TV was set up for? If it's from the North West it wouldn't respond to a 41.5MHz signal. Try sweeping the sig gen from 41MHz to around 70MHz. If the RF side is working you should get some response at some frequency in that range.

The sound channels are 48.25MHz (ch2) 53.25MHz (ch3) 58.25MHz (ch4) and 63.25MHz (ch5).

When I did my TV22 I replaced all the wax paper caps plus the 25uF electrolytic on the RF chassis and the two 2uF electrolytics on the main chassis before switching on. I had no raster on the screen until I connected the Aurora. Then it was a case of adjusting the controls to get the correct height, width and linearity and focus. I didn't replace any of the resistors as they appeared to be OK.

The fact that you have a raster, albeit distorted, on the screen is very encouraging as it shows the timebases and tube are OK.

The 16uF electrolytic C25 can cause problems with apparent ghosting and displacement at the top of the screen if it fails. It didn't reform well on mine. I fitted a 10uF cap in its place.

I don't think it will be too long before you have it up and running.

Keith